“Small but very delicious food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Indian Shanti

Restaurant Indian Shanti
C/ Agustina Saragossa 3-5 | Les Corts -- Get Right the Map Location!, Barcelona, Spain (Les Corts)
93 252 3115
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
Restaurant Indian Shanti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,680 of 7,072 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Les Corts
Description: Shanti es el último restaurante hindú que se abre sus puertas en Barcelona, en el alto barrio de Sarrià. La India, el nombre del mismo país nos trae un recuerdo de Mahatama Gandhi y Madre Teresa. Estos dos nombres imancipan paz. Shanti, es una palabra de sanscrito para paz. Nuestro intento es que disfrute de una experiencia total de la autentica comida hindú y la cultural de este milenario país.SHANTI apuesta por una cocina de grandes aspiraciones. En el elegante ambiente de nuestro establecimiento, tendremos el gusto de ofrecerle tanto los platos más clásicos, como las creaciones más recientes. No dude en venir a visitarnos.
“Small but very delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was surprised to see the restaurant it was small but the food we had was superb I stayed for 4 days in barcelona and eight time I had my food there only with family all liked the fresh food. People of restaurant were very good to behave very helping side my advise to Indian people doo vist the same and write your view on trip adviser so more guest can see that and vist all. my good wishes to restaurant people Bhupendra Rathore from India

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Don't be discouraged by negative opinions - this is a great Indian restaurant worth a try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I was surprised by the negative reviews quoting small portions and mediocre food. I love this restaurant - curries are great (chicken handi, lamb shimla, murg kadai, butter chicken, etc.). Everyone we brought to Shanti have become repeat customers! Small portions??!! Gosh, I leave the restaurant practically rolling out like a ball!! I guess I look for places which offer a great balance in food, price, ambience and service. Try it, you won't be disappointed!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Small Portions!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I'm Indian and I went to Shanti with great anticipation. The place appears to mostly be empty. I am guessing that's because they charge a lot more and serve a lot less. The food was mediocre - nothing to write home about. The night before I went to a small hole in the wall off of Rambla in the old part of Barcelona - many Indian/Pakistani places to chose from in that area. Here, I got excellent food, lots of it (their vege biryani portion was a good 6 - yes, six! times larger than what Shanti served - and waaaaaay tastier & cost less. So, if you don't mind a quick 15 minute ride on the Metro (2 euros each way on the Green Line - L3) to Rambla, you're much better off than the Shanti. Sorry, I'd like to support these good folks - but, gosh, what's with the tiny portions?! BTW, no lunch buffets either. That's so not Indian! All you can eat lunch buffet - even if the food is mediocre - would be a great value. Anyway, you decide. In a pinch, they'll do, I guess.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Harjit S, Gerente at Restaurant Indian Shanti, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
I don´t know what to say about this OPINION!
First on the empty place if you go into a restaurant (which is in Spain) at 8:00 I don´t think you can see it full, because in Spain there are other times that elsewhere for lunch and dinner, here in Spain nobody have dinner at 8:00 pm.

Second we have well-portions, have food with good portions they are not small, here you have to look that one asks how much food for how many people. We serve quality and quantity in a suitable price. e.g. our veg biryani costs € 4.50 it has good portion and very good flavor and we do it at the time when someone asks.

Third for the lunch buffet, we have day menu, that make all restaurants of Spain. Here (personally) i have experience of 10 years of restauration in Spain and i didn´t seen any buffet with indian food, the reason is in buffet you can´t find good and fresh food.

Last one, if you wanted to advertise another restaurant from the rambla or wherever, please post your recomendations on their´s wall, not here, writing a bad review on the others wall that says good things about others, it's an old trick, people already know it. If you plan to open a restaurant serving buffet-Indian food in Barcelona or Spain, please let us know, we would like to taste and try.
Thank you very much for visiting us and have a very good timE.
Harjit Singh
London
“Reasonable food, but quite expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Don't boter with the vindaloo or tandoori dishes as they are both very poor. Chicken tandoori was passable but kebabs or prawns were totally not fresh and microwaved. Have you ever been served tandoori dishes with no lemon? There you have it. Notwithstanding, the chicken handi lazeez was quite good, as my daughter who is quite fussy, liked it. As regards service, it was too slow. All in all it was reasonable but at the end it was quite pricey.

“Very good, small portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

The main dish was excellent but very small. We had the "today's deal" which was 3 course but as mentioned quite small