“very basic” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #330 of 723 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
Mokotów, Warszawa, Poland
“very basic”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The hostel is very difficult to find -no sign outside. Everything about the place seemed quite old and run down, rooms are reasonably clean, OK staff; nice but not very helpful . The location is good. If you have more cash, you should consider staying somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Me & a friend stayed here in a 12 bed female dorm. Location wasn't ideal, however, Encants metro station was located so close (we only discovered this 2 days into our trip!) you could get places quicker being near the station. Overall, noisy from where it is located, (overlooking a junction on a busy road), noisy being next door to communal area, not many amenities close by (we walked a few blocks to find a nice cafe), but the shower/wc facilities were new and cleaned daily, rooms were tidy and only moan was our bunk bed was an older one and squeaked alot! (Management pls get new bunks similar to the the metal ones in the same room) for the money, I don't really expect alot but just wanted to add a few tips. The room didn't have lamps, it was either use the main light or small light by the door, both were bright enough to wake up everyone in the room, so really disturbed sleep when roomies are arriving back late.
This hostel was a last minute choice for us, wouldn't use it again, but for the ££ it was a clean base for us to just get our head down after a day sightseeing.

• Stayed June 2013
Seville, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

OK this place is cheap, but there are a few minor changes that could be made which would make staying in Graffiti Hostel a pleasant experience.

Firstly, the staff ranged from aloof to downright rude - it was almost like they were going out of their way to act off. As a consequence the vibe wasn't great. When we arrived we weren't even shown the kitchen and the roof terrace. The door to the kitchen was closed and I just assumed it was another dorm for a while. I think it's normal practice to at least make sure newcomers know where everything is.

Secondly, one of the bathrooms stank of wee.

Thirdly, the 'graffiti' element was not exploited - it'd be nice if a graffiti/street artist decorated the walls to add a bit of atmosphere.

On the plus side I slept pretty well despite extremely creaky beds (I had earplugs) and appreciated being able to leave my luggage for a few hours on the day I left. This hotel does not rent out padlocks for lockers so we bought one from a shop up the road.

Go on guys, make a bit of effort so your guests enjoy their stay at Graffiti!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

It's not a great place but the location is OK and there's no nasty surprises. It's reasonably clean, has a roof terrace and the bathrooms are fine. One of the members of staff was particularly nasty but the others were fine. If it's the cheapest place you can find and if you're on a budget, don't worry about staying here. If you can spare a little more cash, you might want to consider somewhere else.
One final warning, the place is pretty much impossible to find. It has no sign outside, just a small hostelworld sticker on the door. You ring a doorbell and they let you in, you go upstairs and it turns out you're in the right place.

Room Tip: If you move around a lot in your sleep, just check your bed as some of the top bunks don't have...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I wasn't all that impressed with this hostel, the room was not very good, it was very crowded, especially for 12 beds. Everything about the place seemed quite old and run down and this really effected the overall atmosphere. The staff were friendly but not all that helpful and the kitchen wasn't really of much use at all. Overall it was OK but in the end I decided to find alternative accommodation for the rest of my stay in Barcelona.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Newark, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I went backpacking throughout Europe last summer for 6 weeks and probably stayed in about 12 hostels, and I can't deny that this was probably the worst. We stayed in an 8 bed dorm which had a sorry excuse for a bathroom in it. The bathroom basically consisted of a sink, toilet and shower head just sticking out of the wall in the corner. They had a half torn shower curtain which was of no use. So you basically showered in the middle of this nasty bathroom and get water everywhere. The room we stayed in had one tiny window that would only slightly crack open, so the room was deathly hot and unbearable. I would wake up covered in my own sweat every night. I'm not the only one who complained about this, as so did the other 7 people in the room. The entire place just seemed gross, humid and hot and the entire time we were there I just wanted to leave so bad. They have a couple small lockers that you can fit a laptop and misc. things in. The internet rarely worked and we had to have the receptionist restart the modem 5 times a day to get a couple minutes of internet. I also found a 3 inch cockroach in the bathroom the last night we were there which just put the icing on the cake. If I ever came back to Barcelona I would search for another hostel or fork out the money for a hotel or something, because this place pretty much ruined my time here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This hostel was a nice surprise. I had very low expectations, and was pleasantly surprised at every turn. First of all, I got lost on my way to the hostel. But, the girl working at the desk gave me good directions over the phone to find my way there. Secondly, the shared room was wonderfully quiet for an early night of sleep after a long day travelling. Thirdly, there was absolutely no trouble checking in or checking out and it was very inexpensive. I would recommend this hostel to my friends.

Room Tip: The room I stayed in had bunk beds and was for 12 women. There may or may not have been other rooms...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Graffiti Hostel? Share your experiences!