We were a week away from our trip to Barcelona and could not find a room for 4 anywhere! I was desperate. Then a friend suggested this hotel and I emailed them as their site did not show availability. We got an excellent rate for Barcelona but did not have many expectations. We were pleasantly surprised! The staff at Apsis Porta Marina are polite, helpful and ready to answer any questions-- and these are not 'given' in Europe by any means. Our room was amazing! There was the bedroom and then a separate room with a sofabed and a small kitchenette. We had two flat screen TVs (so kids would not fight, wow!), two big beds and often used the microwave and the fridge so even though we did not cook, the kitchen came in handy. Yes, other reviewers are right, there are no utensils but we could still warm up kids milk. The bathroom was perfect for having two small kids with us-- glorious to just lay out everything. We also had free wifi but keep in mind it can be very very slow. The lunch is super cheap here (fixed daily menu) but very good. Also room service is not bad (after lunch you can only get room service) but on Saturday night it took a very long time since the poor woman preparing it was alone in the kitchen. Still good quality though and she was so nice and apologetic about the whole thing, she wouldn't even accept a small tip for bringing it to us. Overall, the staff was very helpful. The only caveat I think about this hotel is that it is not so central, hence my 4 stars. The metro is very close ( 2 stations within a 5 minute walking distance) and las Ramblas is only 2 stops away (the beach is also only 2 stops) but I did not feel so comfortable walking there. This is probably a wrong perception since there were many students walking to the metro stops daily but somehow I felt a bit uneasy about the relatively deserted area... Not residential, more business like, industrial. In any case, taxis are s cheap, this was not an issue at all and we would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone we know. It is such great value and the rooms are amazingly huge for Europe. Also, last thing, we got breakfast from the coffee shop next door which was great and for ten euros our family of four would have a feast. No need to eat breakfast at hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern hotel and serviced apartment residence is located in Barcelona's trendy 22th business district and 3 Metro stops from Plaza Catalunya. Enjoy the sun and a few cocktails or appreciate a cultural performance at one of Spain's finest theatres. Access to the nightlife of the Olympic port's restaurants, cafes and lively bars is not far. A mere 15 minutes' walk from Barcelona's beaches and the Marina (Olympic village), as to the National Theatre and the Auditorium, are opposite. Our Restaurant features a full continental buffet offering both hot and cold fare. Along with breakfast, the Apsis Porta Marina offers both European and Spanish dishes at its restaurant serving lunch until 4.00 pm Monday through to Friday. In addition, room service is also available. The hotel has a 24-hour front desk with concierge services providing local information, theatre tickets, restaurant and sight-seeing recommendations and even car rental. Apsis Porta Marina offers spacious air-conditioned rooms and apartments with 21-32" flat-screen TV offering multi-lingual channels. Living room offers sofa and seating area with double-glazed windows. There is a mini-bar, a desk, digital safe and bathrooms are equipped with hairdryer and bathroom welcome amenities. In addition, the property offers free Wi-Fi to all guests both in the apartment as well as spacious lounge and Business centre. Private car parking is also available at the hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Agoda, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Capri by Fraser Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apsis Porta Marina Barcelona
- Capri By Fraser Barcelona Catalonia