“Comfortable and Economical” 4 of 5 stars

10% off room rate
Ranked #343 of 708 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
“Comfortable and Economical”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed the night before a cruise and found it clean and the room adequate for what we needed. We weren't looking for luxury just a place to,get in position for the cruise. Lots of eateries and bars around. A short walk to Las Rambla and the port which has a lot of nice restaurants. We did need a taxi to get to the ship because of luggage. Taxi from the airport was $30.00.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Barcelona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

stuff can not speak english well and did not patient for geusts. no refrigerator in room. stuff can not speak english well and did not patient for geusts. no refrigerator in room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

It was very cheap, and therefore the little room without any windows was ok. Wall's er very thin, so you can hear everything, that is happening in the house. Also when the other guests next door arrives at 2.30 in the night, and celebrates the arrival with a bit of gymnastics for two. Service at the reception is good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Haifa, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

For those who don’t care about fancy room and ‘first class’ set. Rooms & bathroom look renovated, though, they need to invest bit more in the room furniture.
Hotel guests were couples (young and older), and families (no small kids) from France, Sweden, Spain, etc.
Was out of the season, so, price was relatively low.
Location is OK. 15 min. walk to the La Rambla. 3 min. walk to Parallel Metro station. Many restaurants and minimarket shops around, Bank & and ATM next door.
At first I received inner room with inappropriate ventilation. Window turned to the service outlet, and air-condition was off (not needed in this season I was told). The stuff moved me the next day to same type of room but with window to the street, which was much better.

Room Tip: avoid inner room with window to the service outlet.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
xoAveryox
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed in Barcelona for two nights and thought I would give this place a try. Being a student, I was on a budget and thought this place would be ok.

When I first arrived the staff was very friendly, the man working the desk provided me with a map and gave me my room key. The place seemed fairly clean and the lobby was ok, but when I got to my room I was not impressed. Although it was small (as I expected it to be), it smelled like raw sewage and it clearly had not been attended to as there were still clumps of hair in the shower (which also leaked water all over the floor). The bed was hard, and the hostel is located near a very noisy street. If you are a light sleeper, bring earplugs! I became sick after a day.

On the plus side, the breakfast slection was half decent, lots of muffins, croissants, meats, cheese, juices, toast, yogurt etc. - just be sure to show up early or you will be disappointed. The staff is great and very helpful, except for one elderly man who made me feel EXTREMELY uncomfortable. At first, I thought he was very nice and just joking around, but then became very touchy-feely and even asked if he could kiss me and touch my arm. (Sexual harassment, anyone?) I was meant to leave to the airport at 3, but I became so fed up with the hostel and the location that I decided to leave at noon as I would much rather wait in the airport than stay there a minute longer.

If you are looking for a cheap place to crash and don't care about cleanliness or noise, this will be an option for you. Otherwise avoid at all costs. I will NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: Book directly through the hostel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hostal Barcelona? Share your experiences!