“short cold break” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, United Kingdom
“short cold break”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed for a short city break.. not very impressed. I requested a non smoking room and was surprised to see that although room was non smoking room it was still on a smoking floor which defeated the object and also smelt terribly of drains all the time, the toilet and shower lights were not working, the toilet seat was broken, the shower and toilet sliding doors were so heavy I was unable to open and close them and had to ask my husband to do so. The room was freezing, it appeared that there was no general heating on throughout the hotel..we requested an additional duvet and bathrobe/slippers (bathrobe looked like it had seen better days) bed was very hard, we enquired about upgrading so we could use the spa and lounge on 24th floor an extra 60 euros per night we thought was very steep! On the plus side the breakfast was great!

Room Tip: Try to book higher floor as you get access to spa and 'exclusive' lounge, if a non smoker pe...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
MeliaSky, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Barcelona Sky, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear lady Bonja,

We appreciate very much your feedback,critical constructive like yours only helps us to continuously improve on our errors and ensure that such incidents do not repeat in the future.We have forwarded your comments to the relevant heads of department to resolve the issue.

Once again I apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay, I hope you visit us again soon so we can show you that this is not our standard and you can really see the good service and category that characterizes our hotel Melia Barcelona Sky.

Best Regars.

Guest Experince Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Barcelona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The hotel is located a few mins walk to the Agbar tower and Glories shopping centre. Tram and metros are 5 to10mins away. We encounterd a few problems with the room tempature the first night we got there. The air con was not working (room was too cold) it took a while for them to resolve the problem. We complained about it a couple of times so they offered to move us to a different room. Overall the hotel is very nice and clean. Breakfast was very fresh and good, they had different variety of food. The staff had good customer Services and most of them spoke good English. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Julian M,

It was a real pleasure to have you in our hotel! thank you for sharing your review on trip advisor and accept my deepest apologies for taking so long to resolve the temperature problem. We really wish that besides this issue you enjoyed your stay at melia Barcelona Sky and we hope to see you soon to surprise you even more!

Best regards
Guest experience Team
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

This hotel looks great with all it's modern gadgets and gizmos. It's a man's heaven of modern technology! Unfortunately it needs to get the basics right first though. The complimentary wifi did not work in the room and was very slow in public areas. Tricky, especially as I was here on business. No problem, I'll enjoy some TV and relax, no sound on the TV. Right, I'll have a coffee... no tea/coffee making facilities in the room and no kettle. Right, I'll go to bed, but first iron my shirt for the next day, but no iron and waited over an hour to receive one. That was the extent of my visit really. Admittedly I should have contacted reception for some resolution, but my phone in the room did not work and I was only here a short while to spend it going up and down in the lift waiting for maintenance. Left very disappointed with no plans to return any time soon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Matt S,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion about our Hotel.
We are pleased that you like us much the design of our hotel... on the other hand we are deeply sorry that you have had some problems with the wif conexion, and we were unable to assist you by providing you one kettel. We have usually a Nespresso coffee machine at the rooms becose it is more popular here in Spain to drink coffe, but of course if you request a Kettel we would provide you one with pleasure.About the wifi problems, let me inform you that we have already taken action on this issue with our heads of technical services to solve this issue.

I apologize again for the inconvenience and I hope you can give us a second chance to show you the real Melia Sky experience.

Best Regards,

Barcelona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The aroma in the lobby is over-powering. It is a nice smell but too much all the time.
The girl at the check-in was confused by the billing instructions on my booking, took a long time to figure it out and never apologised for the delay. I seemed to be disturbing her.
The girl at the lobby restaurant seemed to need reminding that her job was to seat people, she kept wandering off and chatting to other staff.
My room (2706) needs some serious maintenance: the floor is dirty, the carpet is fraying, the table has a piece missing from the leg, the bathroom counter needs repainting, the toilet paper holder needs to be reattached to the wall, the same for the soap dish in the shower which swings around. There was no room-service menu.
I understand some rooms are currently closed for maintenance. As I was visiting the hotel for a site visit I was surprised to be staying in one!
Generally the staff were helpful once you got their attention, until then they simply ignored you.
Overall, this is not the standard I would expect from a four star hotel, certainly not from a five star. The hotel is trying to be all things to all people and is not doing any of it particularly well. Stop trying to be super-cool and work on being a good hotel with good service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

MeliaSky, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Barcelona Sky, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Mrs. Rebeca M,

You can not imagine how sorry we are to know about the impression that you reflect our your review, our aim is to exceet the expectations of our guest and we deeply regret when we do not fully achive this.We strive every day to satisfy our customers and it hurts when we were unable to transmit the real Melia experience. For this reason, because we are sure that this is not a real reflection of our hotel I would like to ask you to give us another chance to prove our excellent service and dedication to the customer. Please contact us on your next visit to Barcelona at melia.sky @ melia.com, and we'll personally make your experience unforgattable.

I apologize again waiting to hear from you soon,

yours faithfully.

Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Visited for 3 nights with my friends in July. Was a really splendid hotel with huge rooms. The bathroom and bedroom are very modern.
The breakfast was incredible very fresh.
The pool area was lovely and so were the Pina Colada's, not far from the metro and the beach. Great location. Friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
MeliaSky, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Barcelona Sky, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Alexandra,

Thank you so much for your great review , we are very pleased to know that you enjoy so much in Melia Barcelona sky, our gold is to created good memories that last forever! We really like to see you soon again to share more experiences with you!

Best Regards,

Guest Experience team.
Grenoble
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

3 nights in barcelona. room is modern,quite, with a large bathroom and bed at the 14th floors we can watch sunrise over the sea. neighbour looks like a far away surburb but with the metro station 500m walk you can easily go downtown. no worry hotel

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
MeliaSky, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Barcelona Sky, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear fmec, thank you for your wonderful review, we are very pleased that you had the chance to enjoy the beatiful sunset over the sea!
We hope to see you soon again in Melia Barcelona Sky, maybe in this occation to watch the fantastic sunrise over the city!

Warm regards,

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have been in this hotel a couple of times now, both for business and private. And I have to say: It always is an excellent stay. The staff is very professional and helpful. Even once, when I had some troubles with some loud nighbours they reacted very good and provided me a better room. Meals are always fantastic. The modern interior in the whole building is amazing. I will definitely come again!

Room Tip: I prefer the side to the city, not to the sea. This way, you can see the Sagrada and the Tibidabo.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tibeet, first of all we would like to thank you for your time and your wonderful review, we are very happy to read that we could give you an enjoyable stay at Melia Barcelona Sky!

Hospitality it is our passion and comments like yours it is our reward. Please contact our guest experience team on your next visit to Barcelona at meliasky@melia.com, we would like to sorprise you even more on your next stay with us!

Warm regards.

Guest Experince Team

Been to Melia Barcelona Sky? Share your experiences!