With the quality of the rooms, staff and service I'd normally give this hotel a 4 star rating but it loses one due to its location, which is quite far from the main tourist sites, with little activity nearby. Luckily taxis are quite cheap and the beach is only a 10 minute walk away. All the staff were very friendly, helpful and spoke good English.
The room was reasonably spacious, very clean and had the usual minibar, safe, flatscreen TV and even a "Love pack"!
One thing to bear in mind though - we went on a work trip and there were several incidents with theft, including inside the hotel, so take extra care with your belongings at all times.
Would I stay here again? Probably not as I'd prefer to stay walking distance to at least some of the main sights, but taxis are quite cheap and the metro and tram stops are very close by, so that may be enough to persuade you to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Architecture that staircases the sky; a beacon watching over an energetic cityscape-ME Barcelona Hotel offers a new interpretation to contemporary design, international cuisine, and the urban experience; fusing personal and professional into one emblematic hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Melia, Booking.com, Splendia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Melia Barcelona Sky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Me Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Sol Melia Barcelona
- Me Hotel Barcelona
- Melia Barcelona Sky Catalonia