“Nice Hotel and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Pere IV, 272-286, 08005 Barcelona, Spain   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #320 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Nice Hotel and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the ME Barcelona for three days September 7-9 of this year. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome. ME is definitely more of a contemporary hotel with a cool foyer and main floor lounge area pumping out some lounge beats We upgraded our stay to include their Level Lounge on the 25th floor which had a good selection of pastries and fruit in the morning and chicken and beef kabobs and other small tasting plates in the afternoon. The LL offers, teas, coffee, cold drinks and spirits if you wish to have a refreshment. I would definitely agree with other reviewers regarding the location. Even though ME offers great value, it is a 10 euro taxi ride to Las Ramblas and a 20 minute walk to the beach. The subway is a couple of blocks away and is a quick way to get to many of the top tourist destinations in the city. We felt quite safe walking in the neighbourhood around the hotel and there are some great restaurants close by. I would give ME an 8 out of 10 with a 2 point deduction for location.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MEbarcelona, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Barcelona Sky, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
First of all I would like to thank you for having taken a few moments of your valuable time to express your satisfaction about the services of our Hotel during your recent stay with us.

At ME Barcelona Hotel our aim is to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is most inspiring for all members of our team, to know that we succeeded in our effort. Reviews like yours stimulate us to improve our services every day.

Thanking you again for your time and your comments, and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Aura Experience Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Turkish first
Ahmedabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The hotel is really nice, close to the beach but away from the city centre. However the metro station is only a close walk away. Overall the room was amazing. If you can get it at a good price, I'd recommend it

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviews like yours stimulate us to improve our services every day.

San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The hotel is not as modern as the one in Madrid but the rooms are slightly bigger. It's located on about 5 miles away from the city center and about 2 miles from the beaches. The metro station is about 2-3 blocks from the hotel so getting to all the action is about 6-7 metro stops away from where we are. Room is clean but the mattress we slept on is too hard. If you like sleeping on a futon type mattress then you won't mind. I prefer a softer mattress because I like waking up and not feel like I slept on the floor. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant Dos Cielos upstairs is very modern but the food is mediocre for the price they charge. Better off going to eat somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

I'm sorry that you didn't like the Dos Cielos Experience, the restaurant has been awarded with 1 Michelin Star and since the opening 4 years ago the restaurant is always fully booked and with long waiting lists, I hope you'll have the chance to give it another opportunity, I'm sure you will change this image

Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I can't recommend the me Barcelona highly enough.from the hotels high class amenities ,superb rooms with some of the best views of Barcelona,and the hotel staff who couldn't have been more accommodating and answered any request we had with a smile,you will be spoilt for choice at breakfastand the premier lounge is a great place to unwind after a hard days sightseeing.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. On arrival the spacious light and ariry lobby with bar and seated areas was impressive. It gave off a cool, relaxed atmosphere, the reception staff were also friendly and attentive. Unfortunately we had arrived in the morning so our room was not ready - The option to choose an early check-in was not available- but this wasn't too much of an inconvenience to us, as we were able to leave our suitcases and wonder the city.The hotel is conveniently situated on the Avenue Diagonal, a huge street that runs through the city connecting you to shops, cafes and tourist attrcations.

When we eventually returned to the hotel, our room was a big disappointment. We had booked a supreme room with a sea view. The view we had of the sea and the city below was inpressive but the furnishings let it down, they were shabby with chip marks. The bedroom smelt of cigarette smoke and the rug had what appeared to be nail clippings on and sesame seeds. The curtains were hanging off the rails in one corner and the bathroom had a loose toilet seat and marks and scuffs all around the basin. There was no guide to services or entertainment or anything in the room which we were quite suprised by and viewed as a standard thing provided in any hotel. We definitely do not class this as 5 star. The carpet in the hallway outside our room was also filthy

Nevertheless, we did have a reasonably nice stay here, we just expected our room to be a lot nicer and bigger than it was. The hotel has a lovely pool area on the 6th floor with a bar and plenty of seats and sun loungers to lie out and relax in, this made the experience a lot better for us, . We also ate in the restaurant which was ok - not a wide variety of dishes, but tasty enough.

All in all, not a bad place to stay, the staff were all friendly and attentive, just don;t expect it to be 5 star, I would say 3 star.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MEbarcelona, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Barcelona Sky, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to comment on our hotel and the services rendered during your last stay at Me Barcelona. Critical yet constructive feedback like yours only helps us to continuously improve on our errors and ensure that such incidents do not repeat in the future. You can rest assure that I am following up on your comments with our department heads.

On a more pleasant note I sincerely hope that the incident occurred throughout your stay at Me Barcelona does not prevent you from returning in the future, we would love to welcome you back so we can surprise you with a fantastic room, please contact the Experience department so we can take good care of you.

Aura Exerience Team
Warwick, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We booked to come here for 3 days for our anniversary. I had such high expectations. Late Rooms offered a standard or supreme room, and for a little extra (£60) this included breakfast and wifi in the room (which is normally €15 a day)

Got room 1605. Room has a partial view of the industrial area. Air con was not working properly. Reported but no fixed. Room thus extremely hot. Sink has marks as though badly scratched. Shower door is damaged an a temporary repair has been done with gaffer tape

Loo is very strange and quite "open plan"!!

The staff told us wifi was not included and I explained I knew this but we had paid a supplement. Not great and instead we were given a pass for 24 hours. The room can barely get to a wireless network. The router tells me there are only 30 people connected to the system but it's still awful. Had I paid I would be cross

I needed the net to keep in touch with the kids who are at home. We were to Skype. I am so hot I can't sleep and I feel my £1000 3 night break is a dreadful waste of money. I can't open the windows to cool down and so room at 24 degrees it is

I can help but cry at the anticlimax of it all. And we are MAS card holders. So disappointed. :(

• Stayed September 2012
MEbarcelona, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Barcelona Sky, responded to this review, September 25, 2012

Therefore I would like to sincerely apologise for all the inconveniences caused throughout your stay. You can rest assure that I am following up on your comments with our department heads. I would however like to clarify that the wi fi internet service is not included inside of the rooms but it is complimentary on all our public areas.

On a more pleasant note I sincerely hope that the incident occurred throughout your stay at Me Barcelona does not prevent you from returning in the future, we would love to welcome you back so we can demonstrate what would be our normal yet exceptional service.

Aura Exerience Team
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed in Barcelona for 5 nights in September at the Me hotel. It is advertised as a 5 star hotel but I think it more a 4 1/2 star. For the price we paid though it was great value all the way!

Rooms - good
I loved the layout of our room, the bathroom looked into the bedroom so you could watch the tv as you had a shave. The floor to ceiling windows let in lots of light and provide decent views of the city and the hills. The beds are simply wonderful. I haven't sleep this well on holiday for years, perfect for recharging the batteries after lots of sight seeing. The air con worked perfectly. Wifi quality was great, unusual for some hotels!

Rooms - bad
Although the decor was very trendy, it was a bit rough in areas e.g. Black tape on the bottom of sliding shower door and the shower toiletries rack was very loose. The lights are a real pain, you can't seem to turn them all on properly. When you turn on the desk light, the side lights turn off. That was pretty frustrating.

Hotel facilities - good
The pool area was fantastic, we spent hours just chilling in the beds which are way more comfy than a wired sunbed. We bought some cocktails which although expensive (10 euros a pop) they were very tasty! We were also given free snacks (I think they were given to people who bought drinks only, croquettes, calamari, salmon with caviar). The pool was small and not deep but perfect for our needs. All of the staff were really friendly and always wanted to help.

Hotel facilities - bad
The hallway area was always really, really hot. It is minor problem really but it wasn't great. Also the room number sign next to our room was not attached properly, when next door came or left the sign would make a sound.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel, it is great value for money. It is a little further out of town, but with Poblenou station 2 minutes walk away and the metro being cheap and punctual it did not cause an issue for us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
First of all I would like to thank you for having taken a few moments of your valuable time to express your satisfaction about the services of our Hotel during your recent stay with us, critical yet constructive feedback like yours only helps us to continuously improve on our errors and ensure that such incidents do not repeat in the future.

Warm Regards.

Aura Experience Team

Been to Melia Barcelona Sky? Share your experiences!