“Good food and good service” 4 of 5 stars

Pujades 207 bis, 08005 Barcelona, Spain
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Nice Spice is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,572 of 6,036 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
New York City, New York
“Good food and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Of the 4 days we have been in barcelona, we visited this place 3 times. It's been a long 3 week trip of italy and spain so my indian roots kept calling and I had to eat curry.

We ordered various curries including chicken tikka masala, lamd vindaloo, palak paneer, madras chicken, chicken biryani. All the curries were very good. The garlic naan also was very good.

The biryani was just ok and that's expected. It's hard to make a great biryani. We ordered chaat (snack) and it was not that good. Ordered mango lassi twice and the quality was different the two times.

I ordered 1/4 litr house wine that was only 3.25 euros.

Ove rall a very good place if you order curry and roti or rice instead of biryani.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“More like BUSH TUCKER TRIAL!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend came to Barcelona for a few days and after reading all the great reviews on here I thought this place would be the perfect place to visit, as we got there we ordered our food and had our starter. Then the main arrives my girlfriend was scooping the rice onto her plate (other than scraping it like I would have) and found a black hard seed like thing, and told me she wasn't eating there I took a quick glance and said it was the spice they put inside but after closer inspection we turns it over to reveal little legs and and face, it was a dead roach, I was disgusted and called the waiter over and he offered to switch it, needless to say I left emediatly and refused to pay, I understand that to have so many good reviews this was probably a one off but we couldn't eat for the rest of the night just the thought of if I'd have gone for the rice first, I'd have covered it in curry and been none the wiser!

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Barcelona, Spain
“Decent Indian food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We are Indians so asked them not to be scarce on the spice and they obliged. We had some kebabs which were ok, a chicken curry which was good and a kulfi for dessert which was quite bad. But over all the meal was decent and we'll go back for the curries again.

Barcelona
“Fantastic little Pakistani in Poble Nou”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Delicious food, served efficiently and unpretentiously. The menu is well-stocked with all your favorites. Make sure you order the bread. The Papadams are exquisite, the Nans (garlic, onion, cheese and plain) are made on the spot and can't be beat. The staff is friendly and helpful. Naturally, you can specify your level of hot. The lamb dishes are probably the signature courses. For two people your best bet is to order three or four of the main dishes and share.

Visited February 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Veg and non-veg alike...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

While the restaurant is ostensibly Pakistani in nature, the decor is pure Punjab and a Punjabi vibe permeates the place, along with nice spices. The set menus vary by time of day, doubling in price for dinner from €9,95 to €19,95 but the selection is good and the waiter allowed for substitutions for early dinner (which, in Spain, means anytime before 10 PM).

Set menus include either water or wine, but not both, and the bottled water isn't outrageous in price. Nice Spice also takes American Express, as well as mag-stripe Visa cards, which is a blessing for US travelers with limited cash on hand. It's also not too far off Avenue Diagonal, so it's accessible from either the closer metro stop or the Glories stop (the one near the, umm, "bullet" building that rises like a phoenix above Avenue Diagonal. ... but we digress).

Samosas were excellent, as was the chicken tikka and the lamb rogan. I like spicy, and I can definitely say it was calliente in the spice department.

• Visited March 2013