“a good find in Barcelona” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nice Spice

Nice Spice
Pujades 207 bis, 08005 Barcelona, Spain (Poblenou)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,864 of 7,065 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Indian, Thai, Middle Eastern, Pakistani
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Poblenou
West Midlands, United Kingdom
“a good find in Barcelona”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

A very good curry house in Barcelona, only small and you could easily walk past it. As always in Spain the curry tends to be toned down to the local palate, but when ordering you will be asked if you want it spicy, say yes and you get a very good curry. Worked out in Barca and became a regular and was never disappointed, the chapatti's and kemma rice are probably the best I have had anywhere. The price is very good too, with a set menu with wine making it even cheaper.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Paris, France
“Good Indian food near the sea..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The taxi driver that dropped me to the Barcelo Altenea Mar recommended this place and I'm all for 'spotted by the locals' when it comes to cuisine !
I tried the mutton roganjosh, which the waiter warned was a li'l 'creamy' and although it was similar to the chicken korma gravy the meat n taste was quite nice, this was accompanied by a garlic naan as an entree and made quite well in their entree.
For the main course I had plain rice, chicken tikka and a daal (only one type available on the menu) which was a combination of chana ka daal n mung daal, this I guess wasn't made in the pressure cooker as chana daal usually takes longer to cook and was still hard. The chicken tikka was fab though and made well in their tandoori that they must have built somewhere in their open kitchen.
Overall a great experience, I barely managed to walk back to the hotel ;)

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Chicken Tikka is very good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We where all very satisfied with the food at this friendly place!
Next time in Barcelona I certainly will come back!

Visited September 2012
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Satisfied My Curry Craving”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife is a vegetarian and I am not that keen on seafood. Thre is only so much patata bravas you can eat before the curry craving kicks in.

This is one of two Indian restaurants we visited during our stay in Barcelona,. The other was the Maharajah in El Raval.

I chose this restaurant simply because it was close to the Holiday Inn Express where we were staying. We had vegetable curry, chicken vindaloo, rice and nan. Food was ok and it satisfied our curry craving. In comparison to restaurants I have visited in the UK, it was nothing special but I would be happy to return if staying in the area.

We had Creme Catalan for desert. Enjoyed this very much and would recommend it to others.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“THE BEST IN TOWN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Extremly nice food, they make the food exactly to how much your pallet can handle and the will go the extra mile.

the waiters are very nice and you always get a service with a smile.

we were in barcelona for 4 days and we went to here everyday as the food was that good, and we didnt want to try another indian restaurant.

but if you dont believe me at least try this the once.

• Visited October 2012