“Brunch in Barcelona!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Milk Bar & Bistro

Milk Bar & Bistro
Calle Gignas 21, 08002 Barcelona, Spain (El Barri Gòtic)
Website
Neighborhood: El Barri Gòtic
Barcelona, Spain
“Brunch in Barcelona!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

A bit for a small spot and there's always a queue during the weekends but definitely worth the wait! They have the best eggs benedict I have ever eaten!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
New Jersey
“Burgers are excellent here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Visited Milk and had their delicious brunch menu burger. So juicy and moist. The brie adds such great flavor. This place is very small and can get very crowded so make side you get there with enough time to spare before the brunch is over. Also ate here for breakfast. Hubby had the pancakes and I had the fetch toast both were mediocre at best. Service is great the staff is very friendly and speaks English!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Really cool place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Wouldn't have found this place without a little research. Really cool funky vibes. Good drinks, good burgers. Good prices. One of the servers was fluent in English. Would recommend to anyone looking for a laid back meal.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Racist Bartender”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to this bar for a nice relaxing bottle of wine. We liked the vibe and we planned on going back the next day for a meal. Unfortunately, we overheard the bartender making racist remarks about us ( in Spanish ). We spoke to them in English - but I guess they thought that we couldn't understand what they were saying. This was a horrible experience and we will obviously not be returning. I would suggest other people who are of a progressive mindset should also not frequent this establishment or give their money to people who are still ignorant enough to think that they are superior because they have lighter skin. We are from Toronto - a multicultural city where these things have never happened to us. We will be telling all our friends here in Barcelona to not go there either.

• Visited June 2013
Rebecca M, Owner at Milk Bar & Bistro, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Customer
I am very upset to read this. I will not accept any form of racism, not from customers and certainly not from members of my staff. We have multicultural staff from all around the world.
I need to identify who is responsible for this behaviour. Could you please contact me directly on Milk´s web page and let me know what date and time you were at Milk and also a descripion of the member or members of staff involved. I would also like to know exactly what was said.

I would like to apolagise if you have been offended in any way.
Barcelona, Spain
“My favorite place for Breakfast in Barcelona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This place has the best brunch I have had in BCN as of yet. They serve brunch till 4 pm which is just perfect after late nights and sleep ins. Its a short perfect menu which has all you could want from a brunch - french toasts, eggs, bfast burgers, pancakes, salads, fresh smoothies. Prefecto! My favorite is the Salmon Eggs Benedict. The food is served with a big helping of spicy potatoes.. Good service and ambiance as well. Everything on the menu is under 10 euros. If you are looking non-Catalan brunch then this a must visit.

• Visited April 2013