“small restaurant run by family, but great hospitality and good food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Son Hao

Son Hao
Carrer de Muntaner, 66 | (Between Carrer de Arago and Carrer de Consell de Cent), 08011 Barcelona, Spain (Sant Antoni)
+34 934 53 83 03
Improve this listing
Ranked #242 of 6,406 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Taiwanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Sant Antoni
Hong Kong, China
“small restaurant run by family, but great hospitality and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We found Son Hao in tripadvisor, a small restuarant of Taiwan cuisine. We stayed in Barcelona five nights but loved it so much that we visited it twice. The food is ordinary family dishes, tasted just right close enough to my wife and mother's style. The couple owners showed great hospitality, giving sincere advice on their food quality. And the gentleman owner has great sense of humour.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Overall good experience ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Great food. Even greater service. Superb experience.

We came here twice during our visit in Barcelona. The food is authentic home cooked Chinese food and very reasonably priced too. The owner is extremely friendly and attentive.

It's a must go for those who wants Chinese food in Barcelona.

“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant through trip advisor and so glad we did. The food is incredible and the owner who meets you is such a friendly gentleman. Its worth asking what he recommends as it was absolutely gorgeous.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
san francisco
“Tasty beef noodle soup”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Walked by this restaurant 6 years ago with my partner when visiting Barcelona but it was closed in the morning. Tried to find it again the next day then but couldn't. There was no Tripadvisor then but I found it online during this trip. It is actually very close to my hotel - Hotel Axel, only made two turns around the corner and I was there.

This time I travelled alone and when I walked in and the male owner greeted me. He was very friendly and personable especially when I spoke mandarin to him. Immediately he could tell I am Cantonese but was still very nice. He's got this big smile on his face and I saw him talked to all the customers to make sure they are happy after they got their food.

I ordered a simple lunch which included a bowl of beef brisket noodle soup (7 Euro) and a dish of stir fried green veggie (6 Euro). It is true that the taste is authentic and I found a lot of meat and some tendon in the noodle soup, yummy! The only thing I would like is the soup could be served hotter. The veggie was steamy hot and loved it.

The decor is older style and they played Chinese music in the restaurant. I found it intriguing because it looks like the kind of restaurants opened some twenty some ago and still preserves the same ambience. If I want something modern then I could have pick Out of
china. I went to Son Hao for the food and not the decor so I was happy. I didn't meet the female owner so cannot say if she also gives such good service like her husbands.

I would go back anytime for their food and recommend it to people who appreciate real Chinese food.

Podgorica, Montenegro
“Awesome Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was looking for a Chinese restaurant to eat Beijing duck; however, I found Taiwanese cuisine. Nevertheless, I was very pleased with it. The owner was very friendly and his recommendations were great. I really enjoyed pork in sweet sauce. I definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who never ate Taiwanese food and wants to try something new.