“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caldeni

Caldeni
Valencia 452, Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)
93 232 58 11
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Caldeni is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #637 of 6,365 Restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Eixample
Barcelona, Spain
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Cordon bleu cuisine with attention to fine details. Although not cheap, more than satisfying. You must try the Vieiras and the Patatas Bravas!

Visited June 2013

Windsor, Canada
“Worth the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We came here because we read about it in a guide book and ratings on this site sealed the deal. The opening hours aren't that great but we really wanted to try this place. We did not have a reservation, but were happily accommodated. My husband ordered the suckling pig (19€) and I had the Kobe beef (top sirloin - 35€). We also ordered two appetizers, croquettes jamon and some sort of potato dish, a mojito and a pop. The bill came to 81.50€. Bread comes with the meal but the charge is 2.50€ per person. I was a little concerned about how my beef was going to be cooked because I was not asked how I liked it prepared. No worries here. It was excellent, cooked to about medium (see picture). My husband really enjoyed the suckling pig but he wished the serving was larger because he really liked it. The appetizers were okay, more of a show piece, but the entrees stole the show. The service was very good and the servers were very friendly. We will definitely be coming back here. The only possible negative is that it was a tad bit pretentious for us.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester, United Kingdom
“too quiet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We read the reviews and thought we would give it a go, we wished we hadn't bothered. The place was dead, not atmosphere what so ever. The food is nice, but not worth the high prices they charge.

Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“A must if you are close to la Sagrada Familia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

When you visit la Sagrada Familia, you usually spend quite a bit of time there and then get hungry. But it is very difficult to find a good restaurant close by. On my fourth trip to Barcelona, I was not going to let this happen to me again, so I did my research before hand and found Caldeni. It was good that I made reservations because there are only a few tables. It is quite small. The food was exquisite and outstanding. I recommend it now to everyone. My husband and kids had steak and they all agreed that it was the best they had ever had. The owner of the restaurant imports it from the US and distributes it, leaving the best cuts for his restaurant.
I had the scallops and they were out of this world.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food and service, no ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We got to the restaurant at 10:15 pm(our reservation time), as we do every night since we arrived in Barcelona. We were told to order right away, because the kitchen was about to close- a bit strange for a spanish restaurant. The lighting in th restaurant was so bright, we felt we were in an office. Music playing but we could barely hear it. Surprisingly, when we received our main dish(both the same) onglet (beef roasted for 12 hours) served with a potatoe mousse and a delicious gravy, we forgot about the ambiance! We enjoyed every bite.. And we would recommend this place for sure!

• Visited May 2013