“Happy Birthday” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Update restaurant details
Ranked #229 of 5,583 restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: Osmosis is in the heart of Barcelona?s Ensanche district. Contemporary seasonal Catalan cuisine is offered in a minimalist but relaxed environment. The main menu features just three starters, three fish dishes, three meat dishes and three desserts, to which they add weekly specials. Diners can opt for the set menu at 23 Euros or the tasting menu for 45 Euros. The restaurant makes great show of its long wine list featuring over 100 wines. Groups between 6 and 12 people can reserve the private dining rooms, while the restaurant offers personalised menus for groups over 20. Examples of the original dishes on the menu include monkfish wrapped in Ibérico pancetta or green lentils with baby squid and garlic.
“Happy Birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was a family birthday treat that lived up to expectation. We had selected the 'Menu Degustacion' which delivered around seven different well-constructed dishes that looked exquisite and were full of flavour. Staff were welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable which added to the experience. Air-conditioning was cooler than was comfortable for flimsy summer clothing but was quickly adjusted by the accommodating staff. Good wine selection. We will return. Highly commended.

89% Recommend
“Cozy, inviting, delicious and for priced decently.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I found this heavenly restaurant on trip advisor while traveling through Barcelona for 3 days. After eating in plenty restaurants from all over my month in Europe, this is the place that has motivated me to register with trip advisor so I can write a review.
The place is a cozy place with the tables fairly close to each other. My initial impression was "oh not very private", but after my wife and I were seated upstairs, we realized that one could still have a intimate and somewhat private romantic dinner. Once you sit they show you the menu in which you have NO choice in. Which is a great way to try new and delicious food that one might not ordinarily order. By the last course (7 or 8) in total I started to get full. Everything tasted amazing and every bite stimulated every area of tongue perfectly. Chef Fernando is more than just chef, he's artist. His canvas, the plate & tongue, his paint, the food. I'm honored to have have eaten, tasted, enjoyed his delicious artwork.
During our visit to Osmosis, my wife and I struck a conversation with 2 other couples. Three hours later we are great friend and the chef has to close the restaurant but invites up to his "man cave" to continue our conversation and joins us for a couple complimentary drinks. He explains that this is what he loves to see, perfect strangers becoming friends at his restaurant. It was fueled by "Wow, wait till you guys taste this duck." Thank you, chef Frederic Fernández for unforgettable experience. P.S. he framed our group polaroid and put on the shelf upstairs. One of most hospitable and genuine chef I have ever met.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
doncaster
“Birthday Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband booked here after reading the Trip Advisor reviews, he wanted something different for my Birthday but also because we were meeting friends from Louisiana who had never had Spanish food. Our friends couldn't believe the menu and i think they were a little worried at some of the combinations but we all agreed it was one of the best meals we had ever eaten and the service was outstanding. There was just one course out of the 7 that I couldn't eat, it was Foie Gras and I am not a fan of the way it is produced, when the waiter came to the table he seemed genuinely upset that I hadn't liked it and insisted on bringing a replacement course even though i said it was fine. There is a genuine passion for food in this restaurant and it shows in both the food and the service. We all agreed we would return had we had longer in Barcelona, its a bit of a splurge but worth every penny.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Exquisite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This chic little restaurant feels very exclusive! Its small but modern and upmarket! They do a taster menu which consists of around 5 courses.Each course is explained by the experienced waiters and all of the dishes we had were delicious! The menu is gourmet dining at its best with the likes of home-made squid ink pasta with cockles and sea urchin froth. Gorgeous cava with the meal and a complimentary glass of cava on arrival! Price was reflective of the high standard of food but well worth a visit if you want to experience Catalan cooking at its best!

Visited June 2013
Coimbra
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Good food, amazing wine and excellent service. I recommend and do enjoy the wine selection. The tasting menu is great value