“Most magnificent taste experience ever” 5 of 5 stars

932 268 718
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Nectari Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,389 of 6,406 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Vestby, Norway
“Most magnificent taste experience ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

This michelin guide restaurat most be best kept secret in barcelona. Even the smallest space, few seats and a fabuless chef makes the best food. We arrived at 20.30 at opening hours is only from then to 23.00. We got an fantastic, servise. With tastes we was surprised by. We where 6 people and got our own room to dine inn which was great. With me having gluten allergi this was no peoblem. Only 2 out og all courses was with gluten. Also they had the biggest wine meny i have ever seen. Kt was a THICK book with wines from all over and from 10 euro to a few 1000!!! If you shall eat good food once in your life this is it.. We only spoke between the courses because the food was sooo good you have to enjoy every bite. And best part... For 6 of us it was only 400 euro with wine and all.. Enjoy.. You can have hign hopes it will work out just fine.. Love it well be back again. Jens from Norway

Shetland
“Second class citizens?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was looking for somewhere special for our second night in Barcelona and thought the Nectari would be a good choice. I was somewhat disappointed to be shown to the rear of the restaurant where we could hear cutlery and crockery being prepared, this was puzzling as they only had five tables booked. The pre starters were good and we were offered olive oil for our bread, we had no choice but the locals next to us were offered a choice of three !
My goose liver starter was OK, just not sure that the sweet rhubarb accompaniment worked with the richness of the liver, perhaps something more tart to cut through the richness would have been better. I usually drink a lot of water when eating however our first 1/2lt bottle only gave one small glass where the second gave us two, perhaps it had been given to someone else by mistake ?
I had chosen a local wine which went well with the sole main course which was simply cooked with almonds, dessert was also OK nothing outstanding.
I noted that the other table in view of ours received better service, nothing major but glasses topped up more often (perhaps with my water) and just a bit more attention. When the bill arrived I noted that I had been charged for a much more expensive wine than I had ordered, this was corrected, without an apology or comment from the head waiter, I think that this was unforgivable at this level of restaurant and suggested to me that it had been deliberately added. I would be interested if anyone else has had a similar experience.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Surrey
“Fantastic chef, odd location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The food is just great, starting with a choice of olive oil with the bread and continuing. The waitress recommended a Greek olive oil which was some of the best I have ever had. When I left I asked the waitress to thank the chef. It was that good. The location is a few minutes walk from Sants station, so easy to get to if you know where you are going but not a happening/tourist neighbourhood.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
dekalb, illinois
“excellent attention to detail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

An excellent meal with superb service and outstanding food. They were even able to make gluten-free dishes with no advanced notice for one of our party. The portions are not large but we all left the table feeling replete. Would certainly recommend and also recommend booking in advance since this is a small place. A bit off the beaten track.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tunbridge Wells
“Great food, no atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

Found via google on the night of our visit; phoned to book a table at 9 and given glowing reviews was quite surprised that we got in with no trouble. Arrived to find a deserted restaurant.... Needen't have worried though; staff were very friendly and helpful despite our shameful alck of Spanish. 2 pre-starters; not that great but appreciated none the less.Starters of meshroom risotto and a prawn/broad bean/asparagus/puff pastry compilation. Both very good but the prawn assembly better. Mains of duck with various additions, and turbot on curried lentils. Turbot was a fabulous piece of fish, beautifully cooked. Really nice room, bill with 1 espresso and a bottle of decent rioja was E119. If the place had had an ounce of life to it would have been a 5 star review, as it is only rates 4 but given our other dining experiences in Barca there are many, many worse places you could go and at these prices the place would be a wow in London.

• Visited April 2011