“Average indian” 3 of 5 stars
Review of MOTI MAHAL

MOTI MAHAL
C/ SANT PAU 103, 08001 Barcelona, Spain (El Raval)
+34 933 29 32 52
Neighborhood: El Raval
Rovaniemi, Finland
“Average indian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

The service was ok. The food was ok but nothing special. Wouldn't go again. We vent in because Harrison Ford picture was in the door. Meh... Didn't help.

67% Recommend
New Delhi
“Best Indian Food in Barcelona!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I consider myself a foodie and I love to explore the local cuisine wherever I travel. But this time in Barcelona, I had to eat Indian food at several places in the city as my fellow travelers were not very experimental.

During this period I ate at various Indian restaurants and found Moti Mahal to be the best one. The host and the hostess are very friendly and will make you feel at home, and food quality was above par for any Indian restaurants I've eaten abroad. The taste of the food was very authentic and fresh.

We ordered, Samosas, Dal, Butter Chicken, Kadhai Chicken, Chicken Tikka, Biryani, Paneer Tikka, Naan and Lachha Paranthas. I can say, the Lachha Paranthas were one of the best I've ever had.

Though the interiors are very average, and pictures of Indian gods add a little flavour to the ambience. But for the food - I can safely say, this is the true Indian restaurant in Barcelona.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food and rude staff.?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

The food variety and taste is really good. But we were really put off by the rude, unwelcoming waiter who served us that day. When we asked him what dish would he recommend for our meal, he responded negatively and told us that we take a look at the menu instead.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Crap food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

I visited the wonderful city of spain, Barcelona. And when you are abroad you also get hungry. So i found this indian Restaurant Motimahal. I am a pakistani so i know how the food should be like. I must say i was very disapointed. The food tasted like [--], and on top of it all, i also found a big cockrouch, walking on my shoes. Wonder how their kitchen is. All in all a crap restaurant, crap food, crap service. Spend your money on something else. instead i took a walk trough the Rambla and went in to Burger King to satisfy my hunger.

• Visited April 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tenerife
“Very Resonable - Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

Nice authentic food at a reasonable price in acceptable surroundings. This restaurant wont win any awards but it is a good option for a quick curry if you are in the area.

• Visited March 2011