“My second home in Salamanca!” 5 of 5 stars

Hostal Plaza Mayor
Plaza del Corrillo, 19-20, 37002 Salamanca, Spain   |
Ranked #6 of 72 Hotels in Salamanca
Bangkok
“My second home in Salamanca!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed in this hostel twice and it was one of the best hostel I've ever been into.

-The staffs are nice and friendly. I had a problem with my credit card, so I sent them e-mails to notify my problem. They kindly answer every e-mails I'd sent. I really did like the staffs even before I met them! They helped me carrying my HUGE luggage because the entrance of the hostel was so small and there was a narrow staircase.
-The room is cozy and lovely. I stayed on the 4th floor, individual bed. The bath room is nice but the internet connection wasn't that good. I had to find the best spot and ... yeah ... I couldn't move to anywhere or else I wouldn't be able to connect to the internet.
-The location is epic. It's right next to Plaza Mayor de Salamanca, the most beautiful plaza. Although it's located in the center, it wasn't noisy at all (that's probably because I stayed on the topmost floor haha) There are so many good restaurants around the plaza and the hostel. The sandwiches sold in front of the hostel was pretty good.

I traveled to Salamanca to study for a month. This place was perfect for my first arrival before moving into university's dormitory and it was perfect after finishing my course. I traveled with friend but we split up once we were there in order to improve our Spanish. So, I was like traveling alone. This hostel did make this girl with a bit of worry living far away from home feel comfortable!! Thank you so much!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Hostal Plaza Mayor was an absolute delight. I stayed here for three nights last week and it was such a friendly establishment in a fantastic, central location just off the Plaza Mayor. Was met and greeted by super helpful Oscar on arrival who spoke fluent English but the other two members of staff were equally welcoming. My clean, warm and comfortable room was on the top floor, had a single bed with en suite bathroom, fridge for storing food and drinks, free WiFi included and even a small balcony to sit out on – all for £28 per night, what a bargain! The room was at the back of the hotel so I never heard any street noise or late night carousing. Salamanca is the most elegant city in Spain (IMO) and I would go back in a moment – lots of beautiful buildings, interesting museums and plenty of affordable restaurants and cafes. There’s lots of buzz about the place as it is a youthful university city with plenty of shops and a good public transport system. I toured Spain for ten days and this was most definitely the highlight for me. Thanks to Oscar and his staff at the Hostal Plaza Mayor for a wonderful three days – wish I could have stayed longer. Next time……….

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The Hotel Plaza Mayor (Salamanca) is the perfect hotel--right off the plaza, immaculate, quiet, comfortable, and very reasonably priced. The icing on the cake is the extremely helpful staff (i.e. Fran y Oscar) who eagerly offer great advice on restaurants and tourist sites--both in Salamanca and further afield. As a solo traveler, their advice was very much appreciated and contributed to my having a fantastic experience in Salamanca. I wish I could have stayed longer--and plan on returning soon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

my only negative remark would be about the steps up to the reception desk; a bit hard for an old lady, but I managed it with a bit of help with my bag. Then there is a lift to the upper floors. The staff is very helpful. My bathroom had such a small shower I could hardly squeeze in, but it worked just fine. Bed was very comfortable and there are plenty of blankets. (I like to sleep with the windows open.) the central heating is excellent. Its location is five star-- a few minutes' walk to any of the sights.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Clancy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The location was fantastic, the price amazing. Best part was wonderful Oscar, who carried my bags, drew directions on the map, recommended his favorite places and was really really a friendly and professional host. Great place to stay. The bed was fine, shower good, no noise (which is amazing since it is just outside the Plaza -- I was in a single room towards the back).

Lots of steps, but that's minor. It's really a GREAT place to stay, in a very special city. It's on the Southwest corner of the plaza, just outside (I think I tried every exit before I found it, even after asking). Easy walk from the train station.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reston VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Yes it.'s clean small rooms but bringing the luggage up to the reception a REAL problem Staff did not offer to help us though I use a cane and we had 3 bags. Once upstairs there are elevators to the higher floors.Location excellent.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

It's slap bang in the middle of town, walk out the door and your in the thick of it. No noise problems during the night. Staff friendly & helpful, rooms clean and comfortable.
They also have secure motorcycle parking @ 7.5 euro a night,
I'd use this place again.

Room Tip: No complaints about any we used.