“Very salty callos” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 252 Restaurants in Burgos
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Encantador local escondido al final de la calle de la Sombrereria, en pleno casco antiguo de la ciudad y muy cerca de la catedral. La decoracion es muy peculiar, con un arbol y una fuente dentro del mismo. Imprescindible probar el 'Boletus confitado con huevo escalfado'
California
“Very salty callos”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

It was my first meal on my first trip to Burgos. This place is close to the Burgos Cathedral, it was open and I didn't want to stray too far before I visited the Cathedral. I ordered the Callos Burgalesa and jamon iberico pintxo. I am used to eating Callos (it's actually one of my favorite dishes), but I wanted to try the Burgalesa variety. i was intrigued because this one was made of lamb tripe; I am used to ox tripe. I did not like it because it was too salty (even with the bread) and sort of had a bitter taste. The server gets a positive rating from me because he was friendly and helpful in explaining the different dishes. When he saw that I hardly touched the callos, he asked me if I didn't like it. I replied that it was too salty for me. He asked me if I wanted to try something else, but I was already quite full. Maybe i chose the wrong thing to order, but based on my experience with that plus the very dirty glass he gave me with my bottled water, I cannot give a high rating.

• Visited October 2012