“Skip this hotel” 1 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda de Arlanzon 8-b, 09004 Burgos, Spain   |
Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Burgos
“Skip this hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Positives- comfortable bed and nice design

Negatives- staff snippy and not welcoming (especially the clerk with braces), view of an air shaft, smelly room, wifi didn't work properly and neither did the computer

You have many choices in Burgos and there is no reason to stay at this hotel

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We arrived at the end of our second stage of the Camino to Santiago (Logroño to Burgos) at about midday last Sunday - the worst possible time for the hotel, I imagine, as lots of weekend break guests were checking out. We had walked through wind and rain and were thoroughly wet and muddy as well as tired. The receptionist kindly offered to store our sodden walking things until check-in at 2 pm, but whilst we sorted ourselves out reported that we could check-in at 12.15 if we would like. Everything was perfect - super room overlooking the river, nice breakfast, and friendly and helpful staff despite our arriving at the end of a long wet walk. Our room had the best working area I have seen in any hotel, with a large writing table and proper task lighting. The hotel location is ideal, and thanks to the warm welcome of the staff we were really able to enjoy Burgos. It is just over the river from the award-winning Museum of Human Evolution in one direction and the wonderful Gothic Cathedral in the other. We both agreed that although this is a 4 star hotel, we couldn't have wished for anything more, hence the 5 star review. Having returned home today, we are already looking to book at this hotel in a few months' time, which perhaps says more than anything. Thank you Hotel Silken, and we do hope you will have room for us again later this year!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
gryhpe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I would have liked to give this hotel more stars, but it had drawbacks. Maybe because we booked quite late it seemed expensive, but because of the price I expected a larger room. There was only just room for the bed, and since it had a wooden surround i kept banging my ankle on a corner. And the parking! I would advise non Spaniards with large cars to avoid it if they can, because it really tests one's driving ability and temper. And at 14€ each the breakfast seemed pricey, although we just went over to the cafe on the other side of the road. So that's the negatives, but on the plus side the location was great, the food offered by room service was moderately priced, as were the drinks in the bar. And their boiled sweets are really excellent.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
direccion_granteatro, Propietario at Hotel Silken Gran Teatro, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear gryhpe,

Thanks a lot for choosing our hotel silken gran teatro in your stay at burgos.
I am sorry about your experience in the car park, and the design of bed.
It is really pleasant for us , know than you enjoy the location and food ofered by room service.

Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

The hotel is really close to the historical city center. You can walk there (5 mns max). I usually stay one night per year in Burgos, on my way to France, and this is the second hotel I try in this city. I will probably come back to this one: it was clean, the staff was friendly enough, they have parking under the hotel and the cost is fair for what they offer. I don't like that much of the decor (a little bit dark for me), but, again, it's just to sleep one night, and the bed was confortable and the bathroom was just fine.
My room didn't have outside windows, instead there was a window to an internal place (the building has a skylight in the middle, to where some rooms and the elevator are facing). But, in Spain, that is not that bad, because sometimes the popluar places have street noises all nigth long - at least we were able to sleep well.
We always go outside for breakfast, to enjoy the wonderfull bakeries they have.

Room Tip: There rooms with external or internal (to a skylight) windows.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
direccion_granteatro, Gerente at Hotel Silken Gran Teatro, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear PhiDC

Thanks for choosing our hotel in your stay at Burgos.
It is really pleasant for us to receive this kind of reviews of our hotel , given one positive opinion about our location and good cost/ value relation

Best Regards
Bordeaux, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2015

Returning from the South of Spain to Bordeaux we stopped over on a Saturday night. The staff were very welcoming, and all we met spoke good English.
The room was very comfortable and quiet, 5th floor. We didn't eat in the hotel in the evening although the menu looked quite good, but we did have a late drink at the busy bar.
The hotel is very central with all the shops and the old town within minutes walking
Next morning's breakfast was excellent.
We were very glad we had used the garage (15.5€) as there had been a heavy snowfall overnight and all the cars parked on the street were covered in snow, however it is a very small garage and access is challenging.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
direccion_granteatro, Propietario at Hotel Silken Gran Teatro, responded to this review, February 27, 2015
Dear Green-David-Green

Thanks a lot to choose our hotel in your stay at Burgos.
It is really pleasant for us to receive this kind the reviews, explaining us that our staff is friendly , our situation and wonderfull breakfast buffet

Direction
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2015

Very pleased with the location of this hotel and I could not fault the staff who were all friendly, helpful and very professional - so the customer care training is obviously good here.
However the downside - the room I felt was a bit small, dark with insufficient lighting. The bed was very low and the corners were very painful if you bumped into them. The 'free' Wifi was non-existent so I gave up on it. The bedroom was a good size with if anything overly bright lighting, not very flattering for someone of my age, and the shower in use spilt water all over the floor. Trying to navigate the car parking spaces was a nightmare and our rental car was not a large one - I also thought it was expensive, but to be fair I don't know where else we would have parked. Breakfast was included which was good value but unless you got up early the hot food was stone cold.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms looking out on to the street as we were disturbed at night
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
direccion_granteatro, Gerente at Hotel Silken Gran Teatro, responded to this review, January 16, 2015
Dear BlynisB

Thanks for chosing our hotel in your stay at Burgos City
It is very pleasant for us earing you about our good location.
We are sorry for the incovenience that you explain us about the light, we are changing light for other of more w
About the beds, they have a modern design and are lows , but we have a few beds more high , please ask us about them in other stay.

I hope you come back to our hotel

Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

I've stayed 1 night at this hotel.

Positive aspects:
- location is excellent, at a short walking distance from the cathedral, Plaza Mayor and the bars and restaurants area
- the hotel has a garage for 15,50 eur/day, which is quite convenient, since there was no available parking places at a reasonable distance
- all members of staff I've contacted were nice and willing to help
- good value for money

Not so positive aspects:
- light from lamps in the room could be stronger, however the main point is that it's too white, making the room feel too cold (I mean the 'ambiance')
- my mattress was too soft in the center, probably due to usage, causing some discomfort during sleep

As a conclusion, I'd say it's a very good hotel, mainly due to its location and the fact that it has a garage, that I'd reccomend for a short stay.

Changing the 'colour temperature' of light bulbs to a slightly warmer light and changing old mattresses would have a significant positive impact in guest comfort.

I may consider staying there again next time I visit Burgos.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
direccion_granteatro, Gerente at Hotel Silken Gran Teatro, responded to this review, January 13, 2015
Dear Luisito,

First of all thanks so much for your review about your stay in our hotel, its a pleasure for us getting this kind of good comments about location, garage and staff.
I am sorry about the inconvenience with the lights; Light is white because of design, but we are changing for others with more voltage.
Talking about maitresse , we will try to get the room number to check it.

Manager

Been to Hotel Silken Gran Teatro? Share your experiences!