“Friendly Staff, Great Amenities, Best Counter Space Ever” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Silken Gran Teatro
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda de Arlanzon 8-b, 09004 Burgos, Spain   |
Ranked #5 of 55 Hotels in Burgos
Newton, MA
“Friendly Staff, Great Amenities, Best Counter Space Ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I stayed as part of a small tour group, and the front desk staff was very friendly to all of us and good and giving us maps, directions, etc.

I loved the modern look of the room, and best of all our granite bathroom counter was enormous -- finally enough stpace to put our toothbrushes and cosmetics. Lovely cosmetic amenities (cologne, lavender shower gel, etc).

Good location to the cathedral. Good breakfast.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Mancos, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Our group had 2 rooms -- equally dark, insufficient lighting in rooms & hall. One room had too much furniture for the size of room; the desk was unusable because of the bed encroachment. You could not walk between desk chair and bed: we crawled over bed tops to get by. Location makes a visit to the cathedral an easy walk -- and the hotel had a parking garage. Breakfast was extra but total package quite reasonable for the buffet offered.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

When I entered this hotel my first impression was this is one of the most beautiful hotels I have stayed in. Everything was spotless, however I was not able to control the room temperature so I turned it off. I thought it was just me but found out all in our group had the same problem. Breakfast could have had more choices. On the up side, the people at reception were friendly and helpful. Also, the hotel was within walking distance of banks and shopping.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I wasn't sure what to expect from the hotel and from Burgos; I was plesantly surprised by both!
The hotel is within easy walking distance of the major sites in town. We did not eat at the hotel wince there were many wonderful steeled in the surrounding area.
Parking was available at €15 a night in a very small and tight parking garage, but it was convenient for us.
We had booked two premier rooms and both were different but lovely. They were large and had big terraces; one overlooking the cathedral and castle and the other one overlooking the museum of human evolution.
I would defientley recommend a visit to Burgos and I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2011
Murcia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Advertised on site parking, WiFi, and satellite TV. None of these were available. Went for meal in hotel restaurant. We were offered sirloin steak, there was none. Then offered fillet steak, back came the waitress , there was none.On offer for evening meal was only belly pork or fish.Room was decent but had loft access, rather off putting. Poor lighting in room.
Bed was a bit hard and had acute protruding corners at ankle height, quite painful if you knock yourself.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Porto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

The room that was given to me was not the one I had reserved. I told to the hotel staff about that but they did not do nothing at all, as they replied the hotel was fully booked. Moreover, the room was completely a mess: some furniture was broken and the bed was not clean.
I would not recommend this “four star” hotel not to my worst enemy.
I left passed 30 minutes I arrived there...
In the end, almost ruined my vacation. Beware!!!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We booked the hotel based on the great reviews and were extremely disappointed. Reception staff were far from helpful. At breakfast, tables were only half set, yoghurts were out of date. We had a problem with our key and had to return twice to reception to get it sorted. Only enough amenities for 1 person, despite ordering more from reception, they never arrived. Room had very dirty carpet and marks all over the walls. Very disappointed considering that the Silken in Bilbao was excellent, we were expecting the same standards but this is a cheap-looking and dirty version.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Silken Gran Teatro? Share your experiences!