“Enjoyable lunch in a relaxing atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #93 of 248 restaurants in Toledo
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Montana Rose
“Enjoyable lunch in a relaxing atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Conveniently located on the west side near El Greco museum. We had lunch here on a Saturday from 1:30-4:00. The place filled up quickly - even in off-season. Not too fancy, but very nice...almost a pub-like atmosphere. The waiter spoke English and gave us an English menu (even though we would have preferred the Spanish one). Husband got the menu-of-the-day (a bean stew, then a pork dish, and dessert). I ordered the cod & the mazapan cake and a bottle of wine. It was all very good, but portions are small. Bread costs extra. Total was 65 euros, so not the best value in town. Servers were very nice, but a bit slow, however, we weren't in a hurry.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

65% Recommend
Singapore, Singapore
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Despite some poor reviews, we decided to give this restaurant a try as we were in the vicinity - it didn't disappoint.

I couldn't help but notice that a la carte courses were quite expensive here, so we just ordered the menu del dia (I think it was 15EUR). Limited selections though, I think around 3.

Came with:
- pasta Salad
- Beef with potatoes - The potatoes were delicious and the beef was nice and juicy (but slightly tough).

Server was very willing to switch the dessert (included in the menu del dia) to a coffee as I was cutting down on my sugar intake (though of course, it was a downgrade without a corresponding discount)

While I found the meal enjoyable, I couldn't help but notice that there was no one else in the restaurant for the entire duration of my meal. This could be a sign of inconsistency in quality, Who knows? All I know is that I was quite satisfied.

• Visited May 2012

Visited June 2012
Clarke's Beach, NL
“Worthwhile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

A nice restaurant, quite large. We ordered a la carte, but they do offer a 15 euro menu del dia. Good quality ingredients and nice presentation. However, our server did a good job of ignoring us through most of the meal, even though there was only one other table dining at the time. But aside from this, the food was well worth the visit.

Visited May 2012
richmond va
“a wonderful lunch after a walking tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

we loved all our dishes: menu del dia for each of us. my choices were: potage chick pea, "grandma style" roast pork w/perfect amount of roasted potatoes swimming in great olive oil, and a marvelous dessert. The essence of orange ice cream included with the desserts is just Spain! Cofe con leche's all around, a nice bottle of local red wine for 14euros - all inclusive, 80euros for 4 persons, and we were all delighted to pay that.

Visited April 2012