We spent only one night at the Hilton Buenavista in Toledo. Let me get the main disadvantage out of the way - it's quite far from the historic centre. And there's nothing else close by that you could walk to. But if you have a car as we did, it's really not a problem unless you're the type who'd like to stroll around the old town after dinner.
HBT is a low-story affair, Spanish villa style. The driveway leads to a foyer and you then have to walk a corridor before you get to the reception desk. In front of the reception desk is a magnificent lobby with stained glass ceiling-skylight - on a sunny day, it's stunning.
The rooms are huge - pls check out the room photos. Upon entering, you have the wardrobe cabinets which have Japanese style doors. The toilet is impressive - separate fully glass enclosed toilet, separate glass enclosed shower with rainforest-style shower head, his and hers washbasin that my wife and I appreciated. The furniture pieces were elegant. The desk and bedside lamps were heavy brass types - we also appreciated the bedside reading lights. There was a footside settee, and a regular sofa with coffee table. There was even a pretend iron grill balcony, a nice decorative touch. The floor to ceiling window opened to a great view of the Tajo river. The large LCD TV had thankfully a sufficient number of english channels - a rare occurrence in Spain.
There was good art on display in the corridors and elevator foyers - pedestals with nice marble busts.
The breakfast place was elegantly furnished with black and white tiles. Food variety wasn't too impressive but the basics were all there, including a Nespresso self-serve machine.
The reception staff are very competent. I had checked out several hours before I realised that I had left my coat in the room. They were quick to send someone to look for it and they brought it down in a plastic bag, all nicely folded.
I'm a Hilton fan and the Hilton Buenavista Toledo experience just continues to reinforce my impressions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eurostars palacio Buenavista, constructed around the former XVI century Buenavista Palace, is located just 5 minutes from the old city quarter of Toledo by the free transfer service. Based within a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the hotel is situated in the perfect location for exploring all the hidden treasures that the Imperial City of Toledo has to offer. Along with the city's commercial and recreational districts, those wishing to visit the heart of Spain, the Eurostars Buenavista Toledo Hotel is also the ideal starting point from which to discover Aranjuez, Cuenca, Avila, and other points of interest near Madrid. Madrid City Centre is easily accessible via the AVE (High Speed Train), which the journey from Toledo to Madrid's Atocha Station in just 30 minutes. The city of Madrid is then yours to explore, where you can find its main museums: the Prado, the Thyssen and the Reina Sofia within walking distance.The Madrid-Barajas International Airport is a short 45 minute drive taking the AP-41 or A-42 highways; however special tariffs can be applied to airport transfers upon request ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Eurostars Palacio Buenavista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Buenavista Toledo Hotel Toledo
- Hilton International Toledo
- Hilton Toledo
- Toledo Hilton