“Far from the historic district but makes up for it in so many other ways” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eurostars Palacio Buenavista

You added Eurostars Palacio Buenavista to your Saves list
Eurostars Palacio Buenavista
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Concilios de Toledo 1, 45005 Toledo, Spain (Formerly Hilton Buenavista Toledo)   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Toledo
Manila, Philippines
“Far from the historic district but makes up for it in so many other ways”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We spent only one night at the Hilton Buenavista in Toledo. Let me get the main disadvantage out of the way - it's quite far from the historic centre. And there's nothing else close by that you could walk to. But if you have a car as we did, it's really not a problem unless you're the type who'd like to stroll around the old town after dinner.

HBT is a low-story affair, Spanish villa style. The driveway leads to a foyer and you then have to walk a corridor before you get to the reception desk. In front of the reception desk is a magnificent lobby with stained glass ceiling-skylight - on a sunny day, it's stunning.

The rooms are huge - pls check out the room photos. Upon entering, you have the wardrobe cabinets which have Japanese style doors. The toilet is impressive - separate fully glass enclosed toilet, separate glass enclosed shower with rainforest-style shower head, his and hers washbasin that my wife and I appreciated. The furniture pieces were elegant. The desk and bedside lamps were heavy brass types - we also appreciated the bedside reading lights. There was a footside settee, and a regular sofa with coffee table. There was even a pretend iron grill balcony, a nice decorative touch. The floor to ceiling window opened to a great view of the Tajo river. The large LCD TV had thankfully a sufficient number of english channels - a rare occurrence in Spain.

There was good art on display in the corridors and elevator foyers - pedestals with nice marble busts.

The breakfast place was elegantly furnished with black and white tiles. Food variety wasn't too impressive but the basics were all there, including a Nespresso self-serve machine.

The reception staff are very competent. I had checked out several hours before I realised that I had left my coat in the room. They were quick to send someone to look for it and they brought it down in a plastic bag, all nicely folded.

I'm a Hilton fan and the Hilton Buenavista Toledo experience just continues to reinforce my impressions.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear JGR001,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to give us feedback on your second stay with us. I am very happy to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one and that we were able to deliver on our brand promise.

I will also communicate your comment to the rest of our team as they will be delighted to hear it.

Without anything further in particular, I would like to thank you once more for the motivation you provided us with, and we hope to be able to welcome you back into our Hotel in the near future.

Hilton Buenavista Toledo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Im a Hilton loyalist and this property was beautiful, my room was very large n comfy n the staff was fantastic. My only complaint is around the shuttle they promote. I was expecting to take a taxi to the hotel from the train but surprised that upon arriving before 2 p.m., if I wanted to take the shuttle to the old town I had to wait until 5 as it runs every 2 hours n I guess the 3 p.m. was full. I opted to take another taxi as I was only in town for the night n didnt want to sit around for 3 hours. It would b great to explain the infrequency of the shuttle on the site to set guests' expectations. Aside from that, dinner was great (hake), breakfast was plentiful, appealing n im craving one of those mini chocolate donuts and the pool was a great benefit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Jill567,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure tu know that we were able to make your stay enjoyable.

Here at Hilton Buenavista Toledo we always try to provide the very best possible service to each and every one of our guests and we feel greatly rewarded when we hear that we have succeeded in doing so.

That being said, I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused by our shuttle service. I have in fact taken your comment into account in order to further improve this service. We are aware of the importance of our shuttle and we are already making changes such as having two shuttles running simultaneously during periods of high occupancy. I hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future so you can make use of this improved service.

Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We are usually don’t stay in American brand hotels when we travel to Europe. This trip was an exception. My wife and I were travelling throughout Portugal and Spain. My wife had polio when she was young and she uses crutches and a wheelchair. We picked the Buenavista since the guaranteed an accessible room. We were most happy with our decision: the room was beautiful with a great view and the shower was ideal for my wife. Built on site of 15th century villa the hotel retained the garden- beautiful location, many amenities- spa, was great. As Hilton Gold we had great breakfast and free wifi. The staff most helpful The porter, Youness, came out and even assisted in pushing the wheel chair. He then chauffeured us downtown in the Hilton van. Our room (323) overlooked historic city. We knew Toledo is a most difficult city for wheelchair pushing, Pilar greatly assisted in planning our self- guided tour to minimize hills and cobblestones. We also had a nice dinner at the hotel. We will say pushing a wheelchair in Toledo is limited, but Worth it. Our stay was also made memorable by other members of the staff--Virginia, Esperanza, actually all the staff.

Room Tip: Rooms farther down the hall than 323 even have a better view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear jrmcnamee,

Thank you for having taken a few moments to leave a comment regarding your stay at Hilton Buenavista Toledo where our aim is to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is a great pleasure to know when we do so.

I am very pleased to know that you did enjoy your stay with us and would like to thank you for such nice comments which I will share with the rest of the team as I know this is a great source of motivation for them, in particular for Youness, Pilar, Virginia and Esperanza.

I am also glad to hear that you were able to visit the historic centre to the Imperial City of Toledo without too many difficulties and we hope to be able to welcome you back very soon and once again offer you the very best of our service.

Again, thank you for letting me know about your experience,

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

After a 5 hour drive from Southern Spain this is a real oasis and a fabulous relaxing hotel. It's quiet on a Sunday so you won't experience the fine dining but luxurious dog friendly rooms, excellent lunch on the terrace followed by a swim and cocktails on the terrace couldn't really be faulted. A dinner on the terrace watching the World Cup Final was like having our own private dining room. This is my second visit here and certainly won't be my last. Very good food, friendly staff, large well equipped rooms certainly will not disappoint any discerning traveller

Stayed July 2014
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Bedeboy,

First of all, thank you for sharing your opinion with the Tripadvisor Community. Comments such as yours motivate us every day to continue offering the best possible to each and every one of our guests.

It is greatly rewarding for each of our team members to hear we were able to offer you a memorable experience, and I would like to thank you for the renewed faith you have in our establishment, as can be seen by you coming back. We will be delighted to welcome you back onto our property in the near future.

Without anything else in particular, I thank you once more for the motivating feedback you have provided us with,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The Hilton Toledo is a great hotel, beautiful interiors, the foyer lounge with the stained glass dome ceiling is truly a beautiful feature. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the breakfast lounge is charming and the formal restaurant is a delight. Then there are the amazing, stunning formal gardens, a lovely pool and terrace and an in house Spa … what's not to like about the Hilton Toledo. The staff are all really friendly and helpful and it's very peaceful being outside the main city. But maybe this is the slight drawback! It's a good 30/40 minute walk from the hotel to the Old town, but with good views on the way. The hotel does offer a free shuttle service 3 times a day but not in the evenings (not after 5pm). Each day i would take the shuttle in and then walked or caught a taxi back which was about 7 euros. So if you're wanting to experience the whole medieval feel of Toledo then this hotel s not for you but if you're wanting a relaxing break and added visits to Toledo this is the perfect place. I would definitely stay here again if i was in Toledo.

The breakfast was really good with a good selection and eggs cooked to order. The restaurant has an excellent degustation menu and well worth the euros. The pool was a little cold but it was lovely to have the comfy sun loungers to warm up in the sun after a swim!!

Wifi reception was good too, all in all a good hotel.

Room Tip: chose a room overlooking the pool and formal vegetable garden
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Bev082,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor.

Here at Hilton Buenavista Toledo we give high importance to guest feedback as it is our main source of improvement. It helps us achieve the best possible service every day.

I am glad to hear that we were able to make your stay a memorable one. Our main goal at Hilton Buenavista Toledo is to offer the best possible service to each and every one of our guests, and we feel greatly rewarded when we hear that we have succeeded in doing so. I will communicate your comments to the rest of the team, in particular your review of our gastronomic restaurant as I know our Chef will be very interested to hear it.

Nevertheless, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by the location of our Hotel. I can assure you I have taken good note of your comment regarding our shuttle service and I am happy to inform you that we are actually in the process of increasing its' frequency and widening its' operating hours.

Again, thank you for letting me know about your experience, I look forward to welcoming you back to Toledo and the Hilton Buenavista in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I guess my expectations were too high going in. I assumed that the deluxe rooms with "views" had views of Toledo, but I was wrong. I also assumed I wouldn't get an accessible room, but I was wrong there too. The rooms are very nice and very large. We had connecting rooms, as we had our 2 boys with us. Their bathroom was stunning, but the accessible bathroom in our room reminded me of a hospital or nursing home.

The pool was quite cold, so the kids didn't want to stay long. I went to the spa and felt like I was in an abandoned basement. The facilities were nice, but I hardly saw an attendant the whole 90 minutes I was there. If I had passed out in the Finnish sauna, no one would have known. The shuttle was quite convenient, but the walk uphill into town from the drop-off point was brutal. We decided to just take a taxi instead. We advised the hotel we were celebrating our anniversary, but there was no acknowledgement.

Toledo was wonderful, but a map is virtually worthless. We had a lot of fun getting lost in the winding lanes. Bring good walking shoes, as everything seems to be uphill!

Room Tip: Avoid accessible rooms unless you need one, don't recommend paying for rooms with views as the v...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Beth V,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your detailed review as it is the best source of improvements for us.

Here at Hilton Buenavista Toledo we try to offer the very best possible service to each and every one of our guests and I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed. In particular, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by your room type with disabled access. Unfortunately, during your stay the Hotel was at a high level of occupancy and considering you required a conecting room, the only one available was the one you were assigned to. I thank you for letting us know as this will help us find a solution and avoid this happening again.

I can also assure you I am following up on your comment regarding our Spa. We take our guest safety extremely seriously and I can assure you that at any given moment there are trained professionals in our Spa. Your comment will help us ensuring that this part of our service is up to the highest standards and I would like to thank you once more letting us know.

I would be delighted to welcome you back and show you the improvements you have helped us achieve,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My stay at the Toledo Hilton greatly exceeded my expectation. The staff were friendly and helpful. The accommodation was comfortable. The public areas were a delight. Although not located in the old city, it was easy to access the key sites. It has updated my view of the Hilton brand

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Carlos F, Director General at Eurostars Palacio Buenavista, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Robert C,

Thank you for having taken a few moments to share your opinion of our Hotel.

At Hilton Buenavista Toledo, it is our aim to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is a great pleasure to know when we succeed in doing so. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for such nice comments. I will share them with the rest of the staff as I know this will be rewarding to them.

Hilton Buenavista Toledo

Been to Eurostars Palacio Buenavista? Share your experiences!