Access to the Hotel is very good, with good parking in the underground facilities ( albeit at quite a price )
We arrived at the Hotel on a very very hot day during Aug, despite arriving at well past the earliest book in time our room wasn't prepared .. we had to wait in the lounge area complete with bags...no complimentary drinks were offered ..
After about an hour I had to go up to the reception desk and ask if our room was ready.. no one had come to tell us that it was !! A very poor start to the stay
The room was clean and well laid out..no bathrobes in room and we had to ask for these..
The breakfast was very good with efficient and friendly service, We had a snack on evening and found the quality of the food very poor and very expensive for what was provided..So we never actually used the Hotel for a main meal after this other than the excellent buffet breakfasts..
The shuttle bus ( which only houses 6 occupants ) was always booked when we needed it,and only seemed to run every 2 hours ! so we resorted to a taxi ride into town about 8 euros
Toledo is a very splendid city with lots of sights.. Luckily there are plenty of nice Tapas bars and restaurants to eat so didn't feel the need to trouble the Hotel for food,
Being hot we used the pool facilities on a couple of days and found them very pleasant with lots of comfortable sunbeds and a good bar service.. Just be careful of the black painted decking that burns the soles of naked feet !!
The hotel is excellently decorated and laid out..The internet connection only works in the public areas, you have to pay to receive it in your room which is a bit galling..
So to sum up, a lovely Hotel, just let down on a few points..the wait for our room really getting us of on the wrong foot
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Buenavista Toledo Hotel
- Hilton Buenavista Toledo Hotel Toledo
- Hilton International Toledo
- Hilton Toledo
- Toledo Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Buenavista Toledo Hotel, constructed around the former XVI century Buenavista Palace, is located just 5 minutes from the old city quarter of Toledo by the free transfer service. Based within a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the hotel is situated in the perfect location for exploring all the hidden treasures that the Imperial City of Toledo has to offer. Along with the city´s commercial and recreational districts, those wishing to visit the heart of Spain, the Hilton Buenavista Toledo Hotel is also the ideal starting point from which to discover Aranjuez, Cuenca, Ávila, and other points of interest near Madrid. Madrid City Centre is easily accessible via the AVE (High Speed Train), which the journey from Toledo to Madrid´s Atocha Station in just 30 minutes. The city of Madrid is then yours to explore, where you can find its main museums: the Prado, the Thyssen and the Reina Sofía within walking distance.The Madrid-Barajas International Airport is a short 45 minute drive taking the AP-41 or A-42 highways; however special tariffs can be applied to airport transfers upon request ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Buenavista Toledo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.