“"A Hotel that provided everything we needed and more"” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #1 of 46 hotels in Toledo
Mystic, Connecticut
“"A Hotel that provided everything we needed and more"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband had business in Toledo and my daughter and I tagged along. The hotel was beautiful, the staff very helpful and attentive, the room was huge to accommodate the three of us - including the bathroom, so we were not tripping over each other. There was a hotel car available to take us into the old city free of charge - timing is a hit or miss, but a cab ride back was very inexpensive. My daughter was disappointed the pool was not open (mid-April), but weather was still a bit chilly. One of the best Hilton's I've stayed at.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Carlos F, Gerente at Hilton Buenavista Toledo, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Alpha21,

I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for such nice comments.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Toledo and the Hilton Buenavista in the near future.

626 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at Hilton Toledo for a business symposium last October. The hotel is very clean, with a peaceful atmosphere. Welcoming is at the level you expect for a Hilton class hotel. Rooms are big with very good mattress and quality furniture's. Bathroom is big with bath tube and a Italian shower. For business purposes, you will enjoy multiple meeting rooms with the latest audio / video equipment, WIFI is available upon request.
Breakfast buffet is varied with lots of choice. We have had buffet lunch and I would be more reserved as the choice was much lower and almost the same thing each day. food is definitely not at the level you can expect for a Hilton Hotel... Fitness room is modern and well equipped.
However and this is the negative point of the hotel, the situation is poor, just across an highway, you need to drive by taxi to get to Toledo historic center.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Carlos F, Gerente at Hilton Buenavista Toledo, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear fguitteny,

We take the feedback we receive from our guests on Tripadvisor very seriously, because it is our aim to exceed the expectations of our clients, it is a great pleasure to know when we do so. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and I ould like to thank you for such nice comments.

Nevertheless, I was extremely sorry to hear you were displeased with the selection of the buffet and the location of the Hotel.
I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that the menu of the buffet is decided mutually with the organizers of each group and the content is fully compliant with what has been jointly selected between them and our events team.
Concerning the location of our Hotel, I would like to remind you we offer a free transfer for our guests to reach the city center of Toledo and to come back to the Hotel.

Kind regards,

lakes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were delighted with this hotel and really enjoyed our two night stay. We had a car hence the location was not an issue. The staff were charming, patient with my efforts to speak Spanish and very welcoming. The rooms were huge with luxurious bathrooms and we had a lovely view across the valley. Breakfast was wonderful with a huge choice of delicious food and friendly staff. No complaints whatsoever and I would recommend it without hesitation. My only slight disappointment was that the indoor pool was a spa pool and not for swimmers as I would have loved to swim. I am sure the outdoor pool would be lovely in the summer.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room for better views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Carlos F, Gerente at Hilton Buenavista Toledo, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear CatherineY

Thank you for having taken time to send a review of your stay at the Hilton Buenavista Toledo. We take the feedback we get from our guests at Tripadvisor very seriously. Because it is our aim to exceed the expectations of our guests, it is a great pleasure to know when we do so.

Brossard, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We only had one day to spend in Toledo, and, knowing that the parking in the interior city could be problematic took the hilton as an alternative..

Very good choice. From the entrance which is well marked, to the valet parking, bell service, front desk and general staff welcome the entry into the hotel was well marked.

We just missed the last shuttle into town (which is free, but ends at 4PM) so took at taxi into town for 7 Euros...

The room was spacious, and very comfortable, the bathroom (always a plus for my lady) excellent, the amenities very good.

The breakfast choices were so-so, although in a beautiful setting, and the service was very good.

We would not hesitate to stay here again

One caution, in both this Hilton and the one in Barcelona, our keys did not work at the end of the day. The desk quickly made new ones and came up to see if they worked, but it is disconcerting to have both keys not work. They blamed cell phones, but, after Barcelona we were careful where we kept our keys and this was never a problem in any but Hilton Hotels..

All in all though, I would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Ask for one facing Toledo
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Carlos F, Gerente at Hilton Buenavista Toledo, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
1 November, 2012

Dear c-programmer

Nevertheless, I was extremely sorry to learn about your experience with the keys of the room. However, I can assure you that I have taken good note of your comments and have personally followed up your observation to ensure that this will not happen again in the future. I indeed hope you will accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a gracious, elegant hotel but we were extremely disappointed when we saw how far it was to the old centre of Toledo. I like to walk out of a hotel and straight into the ''fray'' so to speak and even though we had a car, and found parking quite easilty in the old town, I would have preferred to be closer. Old Toledo is not even visible from this property. But as far as service, rooms, breakfast etc etc, it cannot be faulted.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Carlos F, Gerente at Hilton Buenavista Toledo, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear amberlower,

Additionnaly I was extremely sorry to learn that you were not completely satisfied with the location of our hotel. I understand that as a person who prefers and enjoys appreciating cities by foot, it was not necessarly easy and I hope that you will accept my most sincere apologies for this inconvenience. However, we offer our guests a free shuttle service which takes them straight to the city centre, and in this sense, our location does'n t seem so far.

wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights (after being in Madrid for a couple of nights), and it truly is an excellent hotel. On our previous stay in Toledo we stayed in the Santa Isabella - centrally located gave it top marks. The Hilton is outside Toledo, and not really "walkable." However, they have an excellent minibus to take you into town - so, no problem. Our room was, quite simply, fabulous! We have stayed in countless Hilton hotels, and this was, undoubtedly the best ever. What made it the best - the staff. The service they provide is superb. Personable, attentive and genuinely happy - send them to some UK hotels and they could pass on their skills. Breakfast on the Sunday was quite busy - and the breakfast room felt quite crowded - so we took our breakfast outside where it felt a bit more relaxed. But REALLY it is the staff that make this hotel such a special location to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Carlos F, Gerente at Hilton Buenavista Toledo, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear muddyduck,

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Location, room, bed, breakfast, spa and pool all contributed to an absolute royal experience. We will definitely be back to enjoy both the hotel and the beautiful city of Toledo. My compliments to the hotel staff, they make you feel at home.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Carlos F, Gerente at Hilton Buenavista Toledo, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Afcajax2000,

+34 620 058 454

Been to Hilton Buenavista Toledo? Share your experiences!