“Authentic & yummy” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Authentic & yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

For my last night on a trip to spain I fancied some paella as we'd failed to get a decent one. So as usual I turned to TripAdvisor! We headed on down from our hotel and managed to get a table straight away. Passing other tables we could see generous portions of paella loaded with seafood. There were two types of paella on the menu but from what we could gather the seafood one was only available! Fine by us! The waiter told us it would be twenty minutes which we happliy whiled away sipping on beers and wine!! When the paella arrived it was huge...more than enough for four and was packed with prawns, langoustines, clams and calamares. It was delicious and between the four of us we very nearly polished it off....never was I so glad to have turned down the obligatory bread that lands on the table at every spanish meal! There was no room for dessert either but if they're anything like their paella I'm sure they're authentic and delicious! The only reason I gave the place four out of five is purely because the place looks a little grubby and could possibly do with a little facelift...from the outside looking in you'd never guess the culinary magic that goes on inside!!

A TripAdvisor Member
“Best food of my life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I dream of this place!!! I was in Santander for a Month and ate here at least 3 times a week. Best paella and sangria of my life, I love this place so much that I'm going back to Spain this summer so I can take my husband here to experience the amazing food together. In my opinion, this is the best restaurant in the world.

fareham
“Superb Paella”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

This is a quite small family run restaurant that is famous in Santander for its Paella. Given that I have never really had a special Paella I had to try it and I was not disappointed. It was very welcoming , the son of the owner speaks a little English and we had the Paella for 2 amongst three of us. It was ample.
For any foodie this is a must try in Santander .

Visited May 2014
Kolding, Denmark
“The best paella ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Let's get things easy - I am Spain addictive man. I ha e eaten maybe 20 different paella in Spain. This one was the best. Old men invite you to hmble looking restaurant but they are able to make you happy. Their paella is simple great. Please, try. I wonder if you will be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Washington
“Old style restaurant famous for its paella”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We came here with long-time resident friends who know their restaurants. Had a great seafood paella served in a real local ambience with calemari, shrimp, mini-lobster, clams, beans and most of all great rice - a real find both for the food quality and for the ambience. Lunch for 4, including a good bottle of wine, deserts and coffees came to euro96.

• Visited May 2013