“Rating 4 Star?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Interpalace by Blue Sea

You added Interpalace by Blue Sea to your Saves list
Interpalace by Blue Sea
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Acevino, 21, 38400 Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife, Spain   |
Ranked #53 of 80 Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
yorkshire
“Rating 4 Star?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Blue Sea Interpalace Hotel is part of a group of three Hotels, the other two Canarife and Bonanza Palace looked much more in keeping with my expectations, however I did not see the rooms in those. The Blue Sea Interpalace was a concrete monstrosity across the road and was the one in which we stayed. The rooms were furnished with wood and panelled beds, the mattress was as hard as rock and matched the pillow perfectly, the bathroom was marble and cleaned almost daily as we had read about putting the sign on the door to please clean the room, only once was the request ignored, maybe Sunday as nothing seems to happen then except eating as it seems to be a day off. The poolside area was lovely and I'm sure if the weather was favourable, would have been perfectly wonderful. The interior of the building may have been grand once, but I found the carpets worn to dangerous levels in some parts of the Hotel. (Baring in mind there are quiet a few more mature patrons). The dining room was kept very well by the busy waiting staff, they really made an effort to speak and get everyone seated in the dining room promptly. The food was on the whole very nice and I always found something I enjoyed. The entertainment was not to my taste, few other english patrons resided here but I did make an effort to speak to some of the Spaniards with varied responses. The hotel group did put on a coach into the old town and back for those less mobile. Really though it is not that far away and you could soon get your bearings and go it alone.

Room Tip: The Bonanza Palace has the Spa and gym the others do not have one, I was quite disappointed on the w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

we stayed in the bonaza palace which is part of a group of 3 room was fantastic from balcony we had mountain and sea view food was fine as were snacks .bar was great pour you own beer and help yourself to spirits entertainment was hit and miss but we were never bored especially with the people we met there .staff were fine when we needed them which wasnt very often .if i say this hotel is good take it from me it is bcause if there had been any problems we would have moaned about them you have the usuall problem if you want a sunbed you have to be up about seven to put a towell on them but grassed area was fine too all in all had a great time and would go back again

Room Tip: ask for a room on top floor with mountain and sea view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I hated this Hotel from the moment the shuttle pulled up outside 'I hope this isn't ours' was my first comment, only to find out it was. We arrived at Reception and a little bald man was dealing with someone else, and I watched him keep his head down the whole time - hardly even said two words to them, then handed them their keys and off they went. As I moved up to the desk, he didn't even speak, just held his hand out and I handed him the paperwork. He got some papers out for me to sign asked for passports, handed me my key and did not even tell me where the lift was or what floor my room was on. Arrived in the smelly room on the 6th floor and I could have cried, worn out carpets and décor from the 1960's. In the bathroom there were hair shavings behind the shower and when the shower got steamed up you could see the soap scum on the mirror and on the tiles.
We had to discover the hotel on our own, we didn't know where anything was, and every day we found out something new, after two days someone told us we could use the hotels opposite, we thought that perhaps they were better and in some ways they were.

There were some friendly staff in the hotel and some very unfriendly and extremely rude staff. There was one bar man with a 1960's moustache that matched the hotel décor who decided to have a real go at me because I asked for a Bacardi, he shouted 'with all inclusive you can only have white rum unless you pay!' The food was really awful, I found flies in the salad which put me right off! My friend got very ill two days after arrival for two days and we discovered that at least two other people were also ill at the same time. It was very easy to identify the left-overs after being there a few days - it was disguised by sauce!

Every morning we were woken very early by coaches arriving and revving their engines whilst reversing so be prepared to wake up when it's still dark outside. At night if you went to bed before the hotel entertainment across the road was finished there was no point trying to sleep it was so loud and when the people in the rooms next door were talking in their rooms you could hear everything. On our final night it rained and as we were on the top floor with only the roof above us it sounded like the rain was going to come through the ceiling.

The entertainment was seriously a joke, the hotel entertainers seemed to completely lack confidence and they lacked any personality so what they produced was not very entertaining. The acts that the hotel hired were even worse than the hotel entertainment. There were singers who couldn't sing and dancers that couldn't dance! I have stayed in many 3 star hotels in Tenerife that have been far better than this hotel - my experience in this hotel was so bad I wouldn't expect that it even had 2 stars! The place it's self reminded me of Gods Departure Lounge as the only people enjoying themselves were over 65!
On the plus side we had 5 days of boiling hot sun and two days were overcast so at least the weather didn't let us down like the resort and the hotel did.

Room Tip: Chose a different hotel!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed at this hotel last month. A few gripes but overall, no more or less than I expected. Just your normal run-of-the-mill Spanish hotel. In some ways stuck in a time warp and not moved on from the 1970s
It is definitely NOT four-star rating as I’ve read in some reviews. No way!
Also, As others have said. It is a steep walk back up the hill. There are buses laid on to go down into, and return from the main area of Puerto.

Stay didn't start well with the attitude of the bolshy guy (the totally bald, slim one), on reception. Ignored us at first then, and with a look of incredulity says "You have a reservation here ?? !!! " when we attempted to check in. Well yes Sherlock. Why else would we be standing here ????

His demeanour changed a little when (A) we produced our booking voucher as confirmation and (B) I pointed out our names on the list in front of him.

Ref the reception team. During our stay, some problems we had ( i.e the security safe in the room not working ! ), etc, we handled by other staff, who were friendly , efficient and apologetic about the issues.

Our room was a standard two-bed affair. Clean with enough room to move about and with a clean bathroom / toilet. Tidied every other day. To say cleaned would be stretching the truth a tad. What I didn’t like was it was at street level with people walking past just a few feet away from the patio door. A definite security issue that worried my wife all through the holiday.

The shower had good pressure , albeit the water was a tad ‘cool’ sometimes. Could not figure out tho what was wrong with the bloody towels !! They are either very old, washed in some strange solution or are made of a weird material. As all they did was spread the water around my body instead of allowing me to dry myself !!!

Normal set up in the restaurant. Help yourself buffet. The staff ( Both kitchen and waiters ), were all friendly and efficient.
Menu was somewhat limited, ( Ref my earlier 1970s comment ), but on the whole the quality of the food was okay. Main worry was some meats had obviously been reheated. My wife was violently sick one night soon after eating half a ‘roast’ chicken.

Pool area is not the biggest but was clean and well maintained. Having stayed on an ‘all-inclusive’ basis we were allowed to help ourselves to drinks and snacks when relaxing by the pool.

As I say, we stayed all inclusive. However even the thought of having ‘free’ drinks all night could not make us stay in the bar downstairs for long. It is very drab and unless you are Spanish you will most likely be given a plastic glass. Crap ! However the worst is yet to come

The , for want of a better word, ‘entertainment’ laid on is absolutely dire. This is where the hotel is really stuck in the past. Most acts were like Phoenix Nights on a bad day ! Total rubbish. One act, “All the Single Ladies ” is just three idiot girls miming ( very poorly ), to music and attempting to dance in time with each other. So crap we, and most Brits in the room just laughed. Who ever booked these entertainers wants stuffing with the rough end of broom !

We never lasted more than 15 minutes watching any of the acts and despite having already paid for our drinks, we elected to leave the hotel and use the Apricot bar down the road. Where , by the way, they have a fantastic singer entertaining guests sitting outside.

Don’t think I will be rushing back to stay at this hotel !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Blackpool
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Recently stayed here with my 20 yr old son for 1 wk all inclusive

Good points: food was varied and nice, pool was clean with a life guard, good location, good room service, snacks served in the pool bar where nice,

Bad points: full of Germans hardly any English, gym hardly any equipment & needs updating, wifi you had to purchase at €25 for the wk & hardly had any signal, most staff were not that friendly, a lot of areas need updating, the worse entertainment Ive ever seen on at a hotel, more aimed at the over 60's

Personally I wouldn't return to this hotel but however I did have a great holiday overall :-)

• Stayed April 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Me my partner and four year old daughter went here for a cheap last minute holiday, we read the reviews about the hotel and was a little afraid of going. But you know what iam so glad we did, we as a family have been in all different ratings of hotel from 3* to 5* this hotel as it is rated is defiantly not a four star but would say a high three.We arrived were checked in straight away they showed us the way to the room. The rooms were extremely clean, spacious you have altitude seating area was one of the nicest rooms we have stopped. The food was yes a little repetitive but there was always something that you could eat it was fresh and they cook your meat to order. the only thing I could say is it did not really cater much for children in the food department. The bar staff were friendly if you we're friendly to. The entertain was certainly something to be desired but that's what made it all the funnier.
The best part was that you could use all three hotels they own which were opposite the interpalace which broke everything up which was a really good bonus.

Was a great hotel for what we paid and for the little amount we paid was worth every penny.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Luton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed 16/04/2013 to 25/04/2013, food was at best poor and in general atrocious. Complained to manager about lack of food hygiene, cooked food hardly warm. Following day saw an improvement, but after 24 hours went back to cold food. Two metal gazebo frames were rotting away and were allowed to stay until we pointed out the danger to the manager. This hotel is one of a group including the Bonanza and the Canarife, but pricing is different. Peculiar this as the food is identical in all three. Facilities are shared with lunches at the lesser of the three at quieter times. Told adviser at Thomas Cook that we wanted Sun, no shared facilities and no hilly location. Puerto de la Cruz is on the northern side of the island, which is more cloudy and colder than the south due to the mountain shielding the sun. The hotel is also 110 metres above sea level, which requires a climb of 251 steps or to get back from the town, or a 5 Euro taxi ride. Wifi is available at 6 Euro per day, but this is free at the shopping centre on the way into town. Drinks are watered down and whilst there are cocktails available for all inclusive guests, they come out of a machine which is clearly marked "Sin Alcohol" (No Alcohol). TV in the room is Spanish only with only CNBC and BBC News in English.
Puerto de la Cruz is heavily biased towards the Germans and this is true of this group of hotels. This is almost to the point of racism. The British are very much third class after the Germans and the Spanish. Some of the entertainment includes live animal shows, especially hawks that are kept captive and flown indoors for the show. One of these is an Eagle Owl with a 2 metre wing span.
Rooms on the sea side of the hotel have to put up with a busy and noisy road. This is made worse by the fact that traffic is high from 6:30 in the morning and the doors to the balcony are only single glazed. Our balcony door (Room 114) had no lock and was held in place by a bolt that was loosely screwed to the door.
There were two inspections carried out while we were there and at the end of each inspection the manager was obviously shown the many deficiencies.
These three hotels should be avoided at all cost.

Room Tip: None at this hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Interpalace by Blue Sea? Share your experiences!