“Colditz Castle” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Diamante Suites

You added Hotel Diamante Suites to your Saves list
Hotel Diamante Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Urbanizacion Turquesa Playa 1, 38400 Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife, Spain   |
Ranked #29 of 83 Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
Colchester, England
“Colditz Castle”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in early November 2013. The Hotel is very smart, clean and the staff are generally quite friendly. The hotel is situated up a very steep hill, so if you're a Mountain Goat this place is for you. I suffer from spinal problems so I had to get Taxis back which to be fair are quite cheap at €3.50 from town. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant as such and prefers the canteen buffet arrangement, which we don't like much. If you like Germans then this place for you, the evening entertainment is sung mostly in German, the breakfast hall is best if you dine at 7am as from 7:45am the invasion starts and before you know it your being pushed & shoved around by Ze Germans. Would we stay there again? No, we will stay nearer to the town which has an abundance of fine restaurants and bars.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
Lyndhurst, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We travelled in mid october booked a late deal online and for the price we paid you could not really complain. The Hotel is a bit dated but kept very clean. The Food is very good (fresh) especially the tomatoes. If you are all inclusive you get a free meal in one of the themed restaurants which is well worth it. Good service and good food. The bar staff were amazing especially Victor he was very friendly and catered to our every need. Esteban also worth a mention but all bar and restaurant staff seemed to work very hard. Reception could do with cheering up a bit. A short walk from the beach and main town. The beach is definately worth it. The hill is fairly steep though but you do need to do some exercise on holiday..... come on. Its also only 15 minute walk from Loro Parque which is a DEFINATE overall a holiday is what you make of it and this was just fan dabby dosy

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I notice the Brits were all concerned about the tea and coffee making facilities. From what I gather you get these if you are all inclusive but not on other tarriffs . Also, the Spanish seem to think you should get wine with your half board tarriff but you don't; however, as a Brit I was very impressed with the 6 euro per bottle house wine. The Wi Fi was reliable and there was entertainment every night, if you wanted it. We didn't want entertainment but we weren't distrubed by it either which was good. It is a schlep from the airport but we knew that anyway and found that the 343 bus got you to Peurto Cruz and then 345 to the hotel. Get a bono bus card and it is 9 euros instead of 13 euros from the airport. Overall, I found the hotel very good. Lovely spacious room with separate sitting room and fridge. Friendly staff. Good food including a carvery at night and a grill chef to do you fresh fried eggs, omlettes and pancakes in the morning. If I have to give a criticism it is that the entertainment does include live animal shows and I personally do not feel comfortable with the exploitation of animals for human entertainment.

Room Tip: Get a room on the upper floor as you will get more light
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the friendly staff. Rooms are adequate, food terrible, and the hotel itself on top of a very steep hill, so unless you are very fit be prepared to taxi it everywhere or stay somewhere else. The reception area is nice, but there is no WIFI here even although they say there is, it keeps on breaking down. I go to Puerto 3 times a year, but will never be back here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We have been staying in this hotel for work.

It's a fairly basic 4 star. I don't know how Spain issue 4 star ratings but quite easily it seems!

Some of the staff are very friendly.

Their largest down side is its advertised as 'air coditioned' which is a slight exaggeration.

Yes there are air conditioning vents, is the air cool? That's remains to be seen even after the maintenance man comes up!

The hotel for some bizarre reason turn the air con off at 0100am - 0700am. So when you need it most to sleep at night, its turned off! We were staying during 30 degree heats and they didn't offer to turn it back on during these times, even though my wife was 7 months pregnant!

It's an oddly set out hotel, and I never quite felt at home! Also very intermittent wifi, which is
Key in our job!

I'd say not bad but need to improve lots!

• Stayed August 2013
Brasov, Brasov, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We where there for 6 nights . Food was ok , sweets where lacking sometimes but the rest was good. Rooms where clean and spacious. The only thing was the long walk to the restaurant which was on lvl 6 and we where lvl 2 but it compensated with the fact that the beach was 200m closer to us if we exited on lvl 1 directly into the street. Personal was ok and it is good that childrens are not allowed in the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Moscow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week in March 2013. The hotel has both positive and negative sides. Speaking about the advantages, I should say that it is spotless clean. The room I had was a suite with a balcony. It was quite comfortable, cosy and quiet. There was an electric radiator ( which I used a couple of times on arrival because I found the rooms a bit cold), a fridge, a juice maker, a microwave oven, a lot of cups and cutlery. I was a bit astonished not to find a kettle and tea/coffee, but it was not a big problem as I bought tea and coffee in the supermarket not far from the hotel and warmed the water in the microwave oven. A TV set in myroom was rather old and didn't have any English or Russian channels. There was also a safe in the room but it wasn't free of charge. Tourists have to pay 3 euros per day plus 15 euros deposit, which is given back to them when they check out.The price for a week is with a discount - it's 15 euros plus 15 euros deposit.
The hotel is located about 20 minutes from the city centre on foot. Loro Park and Playa Jardin are within walking distance ( about 10 minutes). The hotel is situated on a rather steep hill and consists of several connected blocks. My room was 211 and it took me about 10 minutes to get to the reception or the restaurant.I found it a bit irritating as I had to change the lifts twice,go past the swimming pool and along rather long corridors). I think it's much better to stay in the main block.
Dinner is served at the restaurant in 2 turns. The first turn is from 18.30 till 19.30 and the second is from 20.30 to 21.30. I stayed on a half -board basis. The food was good, but the choice could have been wider.I found the choice of dishes at dinner rather limited in comparison with other Spanish 4* hotels. At the end of the stay I felt I was on a special diet - boiled vegetables and a bit of meat or a slice of fish. :-(
There is a free bus service from the hotel to the centre of the city. It runs every hour from morning till early evening except the siesta time.
On the whole, the hotel is good value for money. Most tourists at the time of my staying at the hotel were elderly couples mainly from Germany and France.So young people may feel a bit bored there, but the place is ideal if they want to spend most of their time exploring the island.
I'd like to come back to Puerto de la Cruz but perhaps I'll try a more centrally located hotel next time with more entertainment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Diamante Suites? Share your experiences!