We wanted somewhere that was still Spanish so chose Puerto in the North rather than the South. Flew into South Airport, picked up a hire car and drove North. Took about and hour. The location for Masaru is in the district of La Paz, on the hill overlooking Puerto de la Cruz, 30 min stroll down slope and steps into the City. There is free parking but on a first come first serve basis, however we always managed to find a space. We stayed in a Studio on the 3rd floor. it contained microwave, fridge, 2 ring worktop cooker and lots of pots and pans. However no kettle just a glass jug that we used to boil water in the microwave. The studio was clean and big enough with more than enough space in the double wardrobe for clothes. The bathroom was a good size and came with hairdryer, so no having to ask downstairs. Free internet for one device per 24 hour period, we had two devices so access was alternate days. The staff were helpful with a bit of understanding for English but mainly Spanish, which we were ok with. We had buffet breakfast in the restaurant and found this to be ok and quite cheap. There are lots of places to eat locally on the next street down and the Masaru also has a pool side bar, which was also cheaper than some of those outside. The supermarket was on the next street over. Overall I would definitely stay here again...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the residential area of La Paz, next to the Botanical Gardens, with views over the Orotava Valley, Mt. Teide and the sea, and just a 10 minute walk from the centre of town, the Lago Martianez swimming pools and the beach. It is a tourist complex built in 1974 and totally refurbished between 2001 and 2004. It holds the “Tourist Quality Q” awarded by the Spanish Tourist Quality Institute and it consists of over 240 units between apartments and studio apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Masaru Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Masaru Apartments Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Masaru Apartments Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz