We were in the Hotel on the night of the Hurricane 30th November with winds up to 200km/hr. The hotel and grounds suffered extensive damage. We had to vacate our room (14th floor) at 06.00hrs as the window was twisted in its frame by the wind and the wind was so fierce that we had to struggle to open the bedroom door.
When we arrived in the foyer there was chaos. The staff who had braved the storm to come to work, ushered us into the dining room at 06.45 and made tea and coffee for everyone then prepared breakfast.
While we were in the dining room we heard a very loud bang and the wind rushed through the dining room scattering everything in its path - the revolving door in reception had been shattered by the wind.
I cannot speak too highly of the staff; everyone helped out. Staff who were off duty arrived in their civvies - even staff who have retired came to help. Workmen had to carry sheets of MDF up 16 stories to board up broken windows and then carry up the replacement windows and bring the boards down again as they were too big to fit in the lifts.
Over the next 3 days it was 'all hands on deck' as the clean-up began. Guests arriving 3 days later had no idea of the carnage that had been wrought. Every member of staff from the manager down gave their all to assist guests and clean up the damage, but you still had the usual moaners who were not satisfied - probably looking for compensation.
The staff were fantastic, I cannot praise them highly enough. This was our third visit and we will certainly be returning next year
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 1 pool 1 children's pool Terraces with loungers and sun umbrellas Subtropical garden Towel service (deposit required in reception) BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court 1 buffet restaurant and 2 a la carte restaurants 3 bars Meeting and convention room Golf courses: Real Club de Golf de Tenerife (20 km from the hotel) - Buenavista Golf (45 km from the hotel). Rooms 261 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with views of the sea or Mount Teide and Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: Queen size, king size or 2 twin beds Air conditioning Fully-equipped bathroom: bath tub with shower, hair dryer Bathroom amenities Satellite TV Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Iron and ironing board (available on request) Minibar Safe (additional charge) Sitting room ( Junior Suites) Balcony or terrace Wifi (additional charge) Wake-up call service Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: 1 Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities for children (4-12years) Evening Mini Disco Balloon twisting or face painting workshops Babysitting service (additional charge and prior booking required) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Internet in the hotel lobby (additional charge) Postal and fax services Car park (subject to availability) Pharmacy Laundry ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Bahia Principe San Felipe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe San Felipe Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- San Felipe Hotel
- Bahia Principe San Felipe Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz