Contrary to the former review, I am currently a guest at this hotel and am quite frankly disappointed. Having visited here on a number of occasions many years ago I find that nothing has changed - apart from the service. Hotel is jaded and definitely needs dragging into the current era. Restaurant service quite poor and very overcharged. €67 for a lettuce salad, a piece of hake with 3 prawns atop and some sauce ( nothing else whatsoever!!) and a tiramisu which I ate because I was so very hungry though I never usually eat desert. This was accompanied by a mediocre wine - the only wine they have in a half bottle - no one offered me by the glass though I later noted that other diners had this.
I was denied the chance of an external dinner booking by the extended time it took the reception staff to convey a message of confirmation to me
I shall be very pleased to make myself known to Snr Gustavo Escobar should he respond to this review.
There are some pluses which are outweighed by the negatives. Can't wait to go home though!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel and spa, located in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife, is one of the most prestigious 5 star luxury hotels in the Canary Islands. Being the only official 5 star hotel “Gran Lujo”, we offer an elegant and tranquil atmosphere. In 1998 Hotel Botanico was the first hotel in the Canaries that became a member of the luxury hotel group "The Leading Hotels of The World". Classical in style, there is a timeless grace throughout our hotel, which we carefully maintain through ongoing investment programmes. We offer a variety of luxury accommodation combined with high-class restaurants and leisure facilities, including the award-winning Oriental Spa Garden for total relaxation. Enjoy from your room or suite the extraordinary views of the Atlantic or the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. Experience the warm culture in this authentic part of Tenerife, combined with one of the most privileged climates in the world. Immerse yourself in the incredible nature, play a round of golf or just relax on the spectacular volcanic beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Venere, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Botanico And The Oriental Spa Garden
- Botanico Hotel
- Hotel Botanico Tenerife
- Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz