I have stayed at the Botanico both on business and for pleasure over many years and a recent short family break showed that very little has changed (thank goodness!)
apart from the provision of a spa. I recall being woken by genuine cock-crow on my first visit and heard it again this time, many chicken generations later
The essence of this excellent 5-star hotel is quiet luxury and competence. The staff are pleasant and efficient to a man/woman and the quality service matches the surroundings.The gardens are beautifully tended; the swimming pool and its surrounds are scrupulously clean, as are the rooms and all the public spaces (best book a clear pool/garden view as this hotel on not beach-side). My wife and daughter were impressed by the spa, access to which is freely available.
The buffet breakfast is very extensive and high-quality, with the necessary ingredients for buck's fizz and a live chef to do the omelets and eggy dishes. (But no Marmite so TYO) The area opposite the hotel contains a variety of good medium-priced bars and restaurants that make a nice change for an evening meal, so it is not vital to take full or half-board.
The rear/lower car park is quite large but crowded and if you don't find a space on the access road the best plan is to hand over your hire car keys to reception and leave them to sort it out, which they always manage to do.
The trip to the shops and restaurants of Puerto de le Cruz is short and cheap by taxi and even cheaper by the free hotel bus, recommended especially for the return trip, which is uphill. The botanic gardens after which the hotel is named are only a short stroll up the main road (turn right) and worth a visit.
This is a true 5-star hotel full of space and relaxation but if you are looking for bustle, buzz and lots of background music it is probably not for you! Our recent short trip only served to reinforce our recommendation of this as a serene and high-quality haven. Not cheap but worth every Euro!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel and spa, located in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife, is one of the most prestigious 5 star luxury hotels in the Canary Islands. Being the only official 5 star hotel “Gran Lujo”, we offer an elegant and tranquil atmosphere. In 1998 Hotel Botanico was the first hotel in the Canaries that became a member of the luxury hotel group "The Leading Hotels of The World". Classical in style, there is a timeless grace throughout our hotel, which we carefully maintain through ongoing investment programmes. We offer a variety of luxury accommodation combined with high-class restaurants and leisure facilities, including the award-winning Oriental Spa Garden for total relaxation. Enjoy from your room or suite the extraordinary views of the Atlantic or the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. Experience the warm culture in this authentic part of Tenerife, combined with one of the most privileged climates in the world. Immerse yourself in the incredible nature, play a round of golf or just relax on the spectacular volcanic beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Venere, Expedia, Splendia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Botanico And The Oriental Spa Garden
- Botanico Hotel
- Hotel Botanico Tenerife
- Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz