We booked B&B direct and travelled from Bournemouth Airport - there was a taxi to and from the hotel and a ticket to Loro Parque and Siam Park included in the offer. We are two adults and two children [aged 10 & 13] and we booked connecting rooms. The rooms were very good and they overlooked the putting green so that the sun was on the balcony in the evening. There was a tv and free safe. The bathroom was nice and the beds were comfortable. There was also free wifi and it worked in the room and by the pool and this worked for over 90% of the time - there were a couple of occasions when it stopped.
The hotel was excellent and the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a typical buffet with pretty much anything you wanted. We did not eat in the hotel restaurants as we preferred to go to the town which was a 20 minute walk downhill. We always got a cab back and it was about 3 euros.
A couple of minor criticisms - the pool by the breakfast area was a bit tired. The chairs, towels and pool man were all good but the pool itself looks like it needed a bit of a facelift. It was still perfectly ok for swimming etc. The bar was a little on the expensive side but in a good quality hotel this is not that surprising but it had a London hotel prices feel about it rather than one in a tax friendlier island.
We only went to the spa once but it was nice. U16's are not allowed so we did not like to leave the kids on their own. The kids went on the hotel run explorers day to Loro and both enjoyed it and were able to feed the monkeys etc. The putting green and pool table were also good fun.
Overall a lovely place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel and spa, located in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife, is one of the most prestigious 5 star luxury hotels in the Canary Islands. Being the only official 5 star hotel “Gran Lujo”, we offer an elegant and tranquil atmosphere. In 1998 Hotel Botanico was the first hotel in the Canaries that became a member of the luxury hotel group "The Leading Hotels of The World". Classical in style, there is a timeless grace throughout our hotel, which we carefully maintain through ongoing investment programmes. We offer a variety of luxury accommodation combined with high-class restaurants and leisure facilities, including the award-winning Oriental Spa Garden for total relaxation. Enjoy from your room or suite the extraordinary views of the Atlantic or the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. Experience the warm culture in this authentic part of Tenerife, combined with one of the most privileged climates in the world. Immerse yourself in the incredible nature, play a round of golf or just relax on the spectacular volcanic beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Splendia, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Botanico And The Oriental Spa Garden
- Botanico Hotel
- Hotel Botanico Tenerife
- Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz