We have for years overlooked the North of Tenerife as a potential holiday destination fearing cloudy weather could ruin our short break. Fear not, although we had a couple of cloudy afternoons, the sun really does shine here!
We took an 8 day break in early October at the Botanico, and like most reviewers of this hotel we too can confirm that it is a first class hotel.
The hotel is a good 30 minute downhill walk to the main restaurants in the center of town. You will not want to walk back. A taxi will return you to the hotel in less than 10 mins. If you do venture out we highly recommend Tucan (10 min walk from hotel) and Regulo in the main town. Whatever your taste there is plenty of choice including a batch of restaurants minutes from the hotel.
The hotel staff were highly professional, helpful and polite. Our deluxe room was comfortable and well cleaned. The gardens are beautiful and well maintained and give out a relaxed air to the surroundings. There was plenty of choice for breakfast. We ate by the poolside bar most days and there was a reasonable choice although not particularly cheap. Portions were a bit too heavy for a lunch time snack, however the quality of the food was very good.
We recommend using the spa area pool which although smaller was considerably warmer than the main pool. Seating is more spread out but you will need to find a bed before 10.30am not to be disappointed.
We would suggest that this hotel would be best suited for couples or friends who do not have lively full on entertainment as a priority. Those that do not wish to venture too far from the complex have everything they could want to hand including a very good spa and a well equiped gym.
There are many who return to this hotel on regular basis, and this in itself is the best form of recommendation.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Botanico And The Oriental Spa Garden
- Botanico Hotel
- Hotel Botanico
- Hotel Botanico Tenerife
- Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel and spa, located in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife, is one of the most prestigious 5 star luxury hotels in the Canary Islands. Being the only official 5 star hotel “Gran Lujo”, we offer an elegant and tranquil atmosphere. In 1998 Hotel Botanico was the first hotel in the Canaries that became a member of the luxury hotel group "The Leading Hotels of The World". Classical in style, there is a timeless grace throughout our hotel, which we carefully maintain through ongoing investment programmes. We offer a variety of luxury accommodation combined with high-class restaurants and leisure facilities, including the award-winning Oriental Spa Garden for total relaxation. Enjoy from your room or suite the extraordinary views of the Atlantic or the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. Experience the warm culture in this authentic part of Tenerife, combined with one of the most privileged climates in the world. Immerse yourself in the incredible nature, play a round of golf or just relax on the spectacular volcanic beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.