Booked at this hotel because a friend had booked and I agreed to go out and meet her. I was very sceptical after reading the various reviews.
You cannot judge by any one persons review because we are all looking for something different from a 'holiday hotel'. However, I do think it is worth taking advice from reviews that regularly point out the negative aspects of hotels.
This is my personal evaluation:
Good Points -
1. Very hard working staff.
2. Hotel generally clean
3. Good selection of food especially freshly cooked fish, poultry and meats at dinner
4. Spacious bedrooms
Bad Points -
1. North facing rooms dark.
2. Couldn't sit out on balcony - crashing waves very, very noisy.
3. I didn't sleep very well because of the noise of the sea.
(These points might not bother some people but if you want a quiet room with sunny balcony don't stay here!!!!!!)
4. Very hard and uncomfortable bed.
5. Corridor carpets incredibly shabby and smelly.
5. Dining room definitely like a canteen with tables very close together.
6. Understaffed, felt sorry for the waiters trying to keep up with demand.
7. All Inclusive drinks very limited at dinner and poor quality.
8. Staff struggled to keep breakfast buffet stocked with regular shortages and
absence of melon for a week.
9. Personal room problems including:
a. First room damp and foisty smelling
b. Moved to second room and was contacted by reception to say there was problem with the air conditioning and I would have to move again.
c. Third room okay, I thought. Came back to my room at 10.00 p.m. to a fridge that was hot inside and giving off noxious fumes!!!!! A maintenance man did come at 11.45 but I had already unplugged the fridge and put it out into the hallway. The smell in my room was terrible!!!
(The management were concerned about the situation but it still spoilt my holiday and caused stress and exhaustion when I had hoped for a relaxed and peaceful holiday)
10. Swimming pool too cold to swim in.
11. Terrible smell from drains around swimming pool area
12. Shabby public areas
As I say, everyone has their own ideas of a good or bad hotel.
It wasn't for me. I shall pay a lot more attention to reviews in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Best Semiramis is a confortable establishment of five stars located in the quiet residential area of “La Paz”, 1.5 km away from Puerto de la Cruz and leisure complex “Lago Martianez”. It offers wonderful views of the sea and the north Coast of Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Best Semiramis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Semiramis Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Best Semiramis Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz