First the good part – and there are many. You cannot fault the hotels location the views out to sea and along the coast are breathtakingly beautiful. The reception service is excellent and the maid service was efficient and professional. The location is quite and you are not that far from Puerto de la Cruz, especially if you take the small lift to the very bottom of the hotel you can use the tunnel to the other side of the road and walk down to the town. Unfortunately every silver lining has a cloud, and for us if was the food.
We are vegetarians and although the hotel manager said they catered for vegetarians they don’t really: fried eggs cooked on the same hob as bacon, lots of dishes with meat through them that didn’t need it (e.g. rice with ham through it, four cheese sauces with bacon, gelatine in the yogurts, and rennet in the cheese). The waiting staff tried to help but a combination of neither of us being very good at the others language and what I believe was inconsistent training meant the reception staff knew what a vegetarian was better that the kitchen / waiting staff which I found odd. I don’t want this to sound like I’m having a go at the staff, I’m not, its just I think Best really should look at their staff training. Also in case you think it’s just a veggie having a go I spoke to a lot of meat eaters who didn’t like the food either. However, for balance I have to say I met quite a few guests who really liked the hotel.
All in all I think the 5 * rating is a bit much it’s probably about a 4 *. The fixtures are a bit tired and haven’t changed in the five years since we where here last. However, having said that, the pool was clean and well kept, the staff were friendly, and apart from the entertainment (which was “entertaining” for the wrong reasons) I would go back, but only B&B.
- Also Known As:
- Best Semiramis Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Best Semiramis Hotel
- Best Semiramis Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Best Semiramis is a confortable establishment of five stars located in the quiet residential area of “La Paz”, 1.5 km away from Puerto de la Cruz and leisure complex “Lago Martianez”. It offers wonderful views of the sea and the north Coast of Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Best Semiramis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.