This was our second trip to Tenerife, last year we stayed in another Hotel. We were on half board this year and last year did full board, so we could try some local restaurants, ie tapas. The Beatriz is located next to the beach which was great as my wife loves being on beach. We had two rooms beside each other, family of 6, but one has smoke smell. We asked to switch and the front desk obliged but were a bit annoyed as the mumbled in Spanish. They did not realize I understand it quite well and complained that there is not smoking in Hotel. Guess then need to speak with their guests. Room was nice with two chairs and a small table and a nice balcony on the street side (there is not quite side we had noise at night from people in street, music at clubs and could also hear the ocean, you get used to it. Beds were firm, but I did not like the pillows. We had day beds in rooms for third person and we were able to put up during day for more space. Balcony was a nice size and had a table with two nice chairs. Bathroom was very large and nicely appointed, we loved the rain shower in ceiling, but drain was slow so shower would fill with water. In one room there was damage to laminate floor from water. Overall we thought rooms were better than hotel last year which we also gave good reviews.
We travel with four children and the pool was amazing, maybe the Hotel was not full but there were always seats available and the water was reasonable temperature. Small pool for kids was great, our son loved it. Some of the chairs have an umbrella which for me was nice, others did not and my wife loved it. We also spent time on beach a five minute walk out back of pool. This beach is beautiful but rough with large stones and shallow water, even local surfers had hard time getting in and out of water. Pool bar was very nice and reasonable. Towels were expensive and we were glad we brought our own.
We had breakfast and dinner at hotel and never got bored with food selection. Breakfast had many choices, from German breakfast, to American/English breakfast of eggs, toast etc. Lots of fresh fruit, juices, cereals and yogurt and muesli. Dinner each night was theme based but alway fresh grilled fish, some sort of pasta, and a fresh salad bar. Would have preferred more green veggies throughout week, but overall excellent. We paid for our drinks each night and never paid over 20 euro, for a beer, wine, sparkling water, and sodas for kids. You can order a bottle of wine and they will keep with your name on it for week until it is finished. Also recommend the local sauces located on the bar in the middle.
Rooms were cleaned thoroughly each day and coffee provided albeit instant for 4 euro per day fee. Nice to sleep in morning and have a cup of Joe before we headed down. There were alot of Spanish families in the Hotel, which we took as a positive. There was more Spanish spoken than English or German and I was ready to converse by the time we left. My wife raved about Spa which was limited to Adults, she had massages three times.
Negative comments came from kids who wished they had more games for kids like hotel last year, which had a nice arcade area. There is an air hockey and Pool table located near pool bar. Only other negative was the thumping music we heard on first night at 3 am from disco located in Hotel, apparently from a Party.
We would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the north of Tenerife, one of the most beautiful places in the world thanks to its nature and landscape, Beatriz Atlantis & Spa Hotel is situated. This 4 star hotel is located in the centre of Puerto de la Cruz at the sea front and only 150m from the famous Lagos Martianez. The 290 recently refurbished rooms wih sea or Teide view are equipped with air conditioning and heating, bath or shower, hair dryer, LCD satellite tv, wifi connection, safety box and balcony or terrace.Among the outside facilities you find a sun terrace, adults pool and a separate children's pool.The gastronomic offer includes a buffet restaurant with a spacious open air terrace, pool bar with a la carte restaurant and the "Drago" bar with evening entertainment and chill out terrace.The mini club for our little guests and the private parking complete the offer.All your events find a special place in the Hotel Beatriz Atlantis & Spa.Conference, conventions, incentive or meeting - there are 6 event rooms available, one of them with access to a terrace. All rooms count with daylight and a capacity up to 500 persons and are equipped with the most advanced technology to adapt your needs and requests.We place at your disposal highly sophisticated equipment of PA, projection cannons, plasma screens etc.Furthermore the hotel is "crowned" by a glass dome on the last floor which houses a spa with all kind of facilites, treatments, vip area and gym. From the spa you enjoy spectacular view towards the sea and the Teide.The situation of the hotel right at the sea front, the commercial offer and the leisure options convert the place into a perfect choice to enjoy your holidays or event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Beatriz Atlantis & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beatriz Atlantis And Spa Hotel
- Beatriz Atlantis Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Beatriz Atlantis & Spa Hotel Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz