“Highly recommended” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurante Guaydil

Restaurante Guaydil
C/ Dean Palahi, 26 | San Cristobal De La Laguna, 38201 San Cristobal de La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain
+34 922 26 68 43
Website
Improve this listing
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Lugar acogedor en el mismo centro de la ciudad lagunera, junto a la catedral.De estetica cuidada y esmerada cocina.
London
“Highly recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Can't remember what I actually had, but it was good as was the service, ambience.
Traditional fare with a modern interpretation, well presented and will be returning.

it was very busy when I visited and had to sit at the bar on a stool, so perhaps at the weekend It might be a good idea to make a reservation

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Colwall, United Kingdom
“Very good but let's not get carried away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

They came highly recommended. The food and service was without doubt very good and at a reasonable price... there's a good wine list, with a good spread of prices to suit all pockets. It's a modern take on a traditional feel and done well but it does seem to be a bit confused in terms of what type of cuisine it offers. Maybe that doesn't matter... but if you're visiting an ancient town like La Laguna and looking for a traditional feeling restaurant this probably isn't it.

It's good, there's nothing whatsoever to complain about... but it didn't leave me feeling WOW.
I ate in a lot of places in during my 7 day stay in Tenerife... I remember what I ate in quite a number of them, but not this one. If it were truly great, I think I'd be able to recall what I ate there less than a week ago.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Cristobal de La Laguna, Spain
“A nice decent place for a very good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

A restaurant in the very heart of La Laguna, just near the cathedral. The design of the place is more than pleasant. The dishes we ordered (chicken curry and oriental couscous) were nicely presented, portions were just perfect (not too big to feel like being killed with food, not to small to feel hungry). Also the wine selection is very nice. And I can't forget the deserts which are just perfect, three chocolates pie is absolutely amazing (though surprisingly big).
The only thing I was little bit unsure about is the philosophy, the menu seemed little bit undecided if it's oriental, local or anything else. But that's just a minor flaw. I'd recommend to basically anybody, I can imagine having bussinnes lunch as well as nice intimate dinner here. Also the pricing is very reasonable for such a nice place and nice service. Though you may need to make a reservation, it's quite popular.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rome, Italy
“A very confortable restaurant in the historical centre of La Laguna!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I had a dinner in this typical restaurant the evening before our departure from Tenerife. We stayed in the southern part of the island during our holiday but because of the location of the Airport Tenerife Norte Los Rodeos and because of the early flight the next morning, we decided to spend a night in the amazing city of La Laguna (in which the airport take is situated). I am not here to comment the amazingness that is hidden in this no-words town but we decided not to eat in our hotel but to have a look around the city. We choose this restaurant thanks to the tripadvisor's comments through in fact it is the first one at the moment among the best restaurants. We booked before because it is better. The atmosphere inside is really nice, the staff is also friendly. The menu is rich but I would not be able right now to remember what there was written in it because it was in spanish and I am not fluent yet. What I remember is that with a rich and repeat rich dinner we only spent 15€ per person. I would like to recommend some dishes in spite of others but I would definitely say: taste whatever is in the menu because everything was really delicious. The staff will explain you the ingredients in english if asked. Anyway if you want to eat somewhere in La Laguna this restaurant will without any doubt satisfy your expectations.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nevada
“5 star food and presentation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

They were recommended and we were delighted. It is located in a small ally way behind the church. We sampled 6 different dishes and each was not only delicious but presented in a five star manner. The mushrooms in bacon sauce was incredible. The salad with ham, figs, nuts was tremendous. The cod (bacalao) was a delightful surprise. In truth we did not find a dish that was not excellent. Recommended as the best place to each in La Laguna.

• Visited September 2012