“Could have been better!!” 2 of 5 stars

Type: Horseback Riding Stables
Attraction Details
Godalming, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Could have been better!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Being honest this is a real mixed review, booking our buggy tour was very strained due to the poor English of the buggy operator on the phone,, she didn't even take our names or mobile numbers, arriving late the pick-up guy drove like a maniac as he was running late,, scaring the passengers to death!! Apon arrival the atmosphere was very flat, no-one greeted us and Staff seamed indifferent to us, driving licenses where not checked and we were kept waiting,,, being shown to our buggys we realized what a state they were in,, bits hanging off, speedos that don't work, it was very obvious that these had not been serviced in a long while.. However setting off was exciting, the roar of the engine, the scenery was nice although not the route we had booked or expected,, initially it was fun but did become VERY FRUSTRATING AT THE SLOW PACE, lack of inclines and dips etc, we stopped 4 times in 2.5 hours(not the 3 hours as paid) and often were kept waiting as our Guide was on his mobile.. I have to say the group we went with was excellent and it was us tourists who made the bugging fun NOT THE LAZY STAFF.. (As a recommendation to you if you decide to do this tour make sure your sunglasses are a decent size or wear goggles as the dust makes your eyes sore). So overall I would say it could have been a lot better,,

For Lanza buggy I would say directly:
1. Your customer service needs to improve.
2. Employ someone who speaks English. Be more precise in you instruction, booking and tour information.
3. Service your buggys, there dangerious. I will be forwarding these comments to the lanzarote governing body for there attention and action.
4. Don't keep clients waiting because your on the phone, also don't use the phone whilst driving the pick up bus, you are responsible for your passengers safety..
5. Make the tour exciting for your clients,, it was VERY SLOW it was dull.
OVERALL YOU NEED TO RE-EVALUATE YOUR BUSINESS AND THE SERVICE YOU PROVIDE.

Visited September 2012

Sheffield, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“Lanza Buggy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Having read so many bad reviews of these buggies, we decided to go ahead and try them. We paid 95 euros (around £78 at the time) for 3 hours. At first we were put off as our buggy jumped out of gear and we did get left stuck in sand, however the guide quickly came back to help us out. On our first stop the guide realized we had a puncture in one of the rear tyres, but a co-worker quickly came to change the tyre. After swapping drivers, I can honestly say it was the best excursion I have ever been on, from big dips to small hills and with only being 18 and unable to drive a hire car, driving a buggy on Lanzarote's roads was absolutely fantastic! With bus journeys to and from the attraction included in the price. Despite a couple of mishaps we did get our full 3 hours.

Visited September 2012
“Avoid park with children and buggies at all costs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

I played at the run down park here with my 6 year old child and cut my head on rust barbed wire in the roof of a play hut. My husband and son then went on a dirt buggy tour, it cost € 45 for 40 minutes. The buggies all had bald tyres which concerned me as parts of the tour were on main roads. The guide explained to my husband in English how to operate the buggy. As they were leaving I noticed that the buggy had only 1 wing mirror. I asked the guide was it possible to change to 1 that had 2 as there were many spare. He pretended not to speak any English a d spoke to me very fast in Spanish in reply ingnoring my question. He fully understood the question and I asked it several times pointing to the mirrors and explaining I was worried about the safety of the child. He was very rude and continued to speak quickly in Spanish driving forwards and forcing me to quickly move out of the way. My husband said that having a mirror on both sides would have been much more useful and that his visibility on the road was reduced.
The drive was not exciting. My 6 year old was bored.

“Lovely horses and great views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I booked the two hour advanced trek for 60 euros, or around £48 -- slightly on the expensive side but afterwards I decided it was worth it. If you're booking in person, bypass the 'information' desk next to the bar and head straight for the horse area - the girls working there are really friendly and will head straight over to you, even if they're busy.
I booked my trek for a Wednesday morning between 10-12, they also offer an afternoon trek but I think that would be far too warm to be comfortable. I arrived around 15 minutes before we were due to leave and was allowed to borrow a pair of boots and a hat, with the girl in charge of the trek (Anna I think) helping everyone to find a hat that fitted. The yard area is clean, and all the horses look well cared for and happy.
I was allocated to a horse called Catalina or Carolina, not sure which, a lovely looking bay pony type. There were a variety of ponies and horses from little miniature ones to draft horses. There were 4 others on my trek with me, not too many or too few, and Anna was joined by another trek leader. We were all helped onto our horses and our stirrups and girths were adjusted for us, even though we could have all done that ourselves, which was nice. We were asked to trot around the school first before we left so that the girls could make sure we were all capable of controlling the horses.
I think the trek usually goes up to one of the mountains, but as it was windy that day we went along some trails to the coast instead. To get there, you have to cross a couple of very busy roads and the horses were absolutely bombproof on them!
The views along the coast were amazing, and there was plenty of going up and down hills covered with loose stones to add a bit of excitement! Unfortunately at around the halfway point of the trek, the grey horse that one of the leaders was on took off. She had seemed a bit flighty and forward going during the rest of the trek, but we were told usually she wasn't like that. This slowed down the trek quite a bit, as the girl riding the grey had to get off and walk her. We waited for a few minutes for another member of staff from the stables to come to our assistance, and continued on our way. Although this was unfortunate, these things do happen with horses and Anna was very apologetic about it so we didn't really mind. It even meant an extra half hour on the horses! As we headed back towards the stables, there was plenty of opportunity to trot and 'canter' -- my bay seemed to enjoy letting the others get a good few paces in front of her then really racing to catch up!
Overall it was a very enjoyable experience, a great way to see some of the Lanzarote countryside and I would definitely return.

Visited July 2012
Killarney, Ireland
7 attraction reviews
“Best Camels in Lanzarote!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Went on the 20 minute camel trek - was too nervous to do the 1 hour one because of the half lame camel we were put on at the Volcano Park - but wished we booked an hour. Really relaxing and can't wait to go back on my next trip!

Visited September 2011