“Great food and lovely people” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #129 of 1,084 Restaurants in Lanzarote
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Mama Africa is an International Restaurant with a daily changing menu with a fresh approach. We pride ourselves on quality cuisine and service with a smile.We cater for large groups/special occasions and vegetarians. The menu has Daily Fresh Fish, Meat, Seafood and have been told we do one of the best Green Thai Chicken Currys ever and the Chocolate Volcano Dessert is out of this world.The head Chef/Owner is Monica who is originally from Chile and brings influences of this to the Menu.We have a select wine menu of Local, Spanish & Chilean Wines by the glass and bottle.Mama Africa welcomes all to come and enjoy our cuisine and hospitality.RegardsMonica
“Great food and lovely people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I have been going to Club la Santa for the last 15 years. We always like to use the local village restaurants which all offer fresh produce well cooked at reasonable prices. This year we tried Mama Africa for the first time and felt it had that little bit extra. Mark and Monica offer first class hospitality. Interesting flavours and beautifully cooked food to a very high standard. I had beef fillet in a cream and mushroom jus and my wife had salmon on a bed of fresh vegetables with honey and dill. Monica is a very talented chef and Mark a first class front of house. We will certainly be back on our next visit.

Yorkshire
“This restaurant was nearly excellent...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Secind visit, first in Jan 2011 with a screaming grandson, second time tonight with just my wife. It's very good... Nearly excellent, but somehow not quite... Can't put my finger on it but something's missing. El Navarro's place as my favourite resturant in Lanzarote is safe but this place has the potential to overtake it. Go and see for yourself!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Fareham, United Kingdom
“I'd book another lanzarote holiday just to come back to this restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012 via mobile

I've personally been to this restaurant 3 times with family. It is outstanding! I'm not a food expert in any way but I would go as far to say that the food is Michelin star level! First we went, we stopped by kind've by accident but turned out to be luck! My wife and I both ordered a chicken ceasar salad as we had already booked to eat dinner in a different restaurant close to where we were staying that evening, it was beautiful! I was even more shocked when I learned that Monica, who's also one of the owners, also cooked the food! 2nd time we visited we went for something more bold, we both ordered (we don't usually order the same stuff!) the medallion of beef with asparagus. It was perfect, sauce was lovely and had never tried asparagus before but would eat it again after that! 3rd time, exact same story! Finally met mark, Monica's husband who also cooks. Lovely couple. This place needs some recognition of sorts! I honestly thought they had a famous chef hiding away in the kitchen! All freshly cooked food as well! Outstanding! Rant over! :)

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
“One of the best on the island - maybe the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I have been to Lanzarote for the last couple of years. I have tried most of the popular restaurants on Lanzarote. La Cabaña, La Tegala and so on. This is the best. You do not need to book a table because because it is a pretty new one - since fall 2010 maybe? It is pretty quiet with a good lounge vibe and music in the background. The price level is very nice compared to the service, food and everything.

My favorite place to go.

• Visited October 2011