“A Great Getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of AC Hotel Gran Canaria by Marriott

You added AC Hotel Gran Canaria by Marriott to your Saves list
AC Hotel Gran Canaria by Marriott
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Eduardo Benot 3, 35007 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Cape Cod
“A Great Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the AC for four nights. I didn't have any trouble at check-in. I was the only person at check-in, and within minutes I had two keys and was heading to my room. I had asked for a room on a higher floor when booking the reservation (after reading the other trip advisor reviews), and it was a very good suggestion. I had booked a junior suite, and the room was very nice and modern. Plenty of closet space for hanging items as well as lots of shelves for clothing. We had a living room with a chair, couch, and desk in addition to a flat screen TV and a complimentary mini bar. Our balcony overlooked Santa Catalina park. The bedroom also had a flat screen TV as well as a balcony which overlooked the port. The bathroom was marble and large with two sinks and all the necessities. The room itself had hardwood floors, and had a modern feel to it.

Breakfast was good. They had scrambled eggs, pastries, muffins, yogurts, fresh fruits, coffee and tea. It was typical breakfast food which you find in Europe. The maid came by every day to clean the room, and it always looked great.

The pool is on the 25th floor, and a bit hard to find. The elevator ends at the 23rd floor, and you have to walk up two flights of stairs. I didn't ask for a towel for the pool; I just brought one from my room and then asked the maid for an extra one which wasn't a problem. I didn't stay at the pool for very long because there were only perhaps ten chairs and they were all taken. Instead, we went to Cantaras beach, which is quick walk. The beach is beautiful and there are lots of nice beachfront restaurants to choose from to eat around there.

We happened to be staying at the hotel during Carnival, and since all the festivities were right across the street, we had a great view of the parade and fireworks from our room, which was fun.

Overall, I think the hotel was a great find! It's close to the beach, the views are spectacular, and we had an enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: I would suggest a room higher so you don't hear street traffic.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Polish first
Ratingen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Can't fault this hotel at all. We started out in a room on the 16th floor, with a wonderful view over the park & the harbour. Unfortunately, however, the extremely loud music from the carnival event down in the park kept us awake until the early hours. Next day, reception staff were able to give us a new room on the 4th floor, with a substantial building between us & the noise of the next evening's "celebrations" and we were able to enjoy peaceful nights for the rest of our stay. The breakfast buffet was sometimes a little bit disorganised (e.g. scrambled egg refill arrived just as the sausages ran out), but the food was plentiful, tasty and fresh. The location is excellent for public transport & for walking to the Playa Las Canteras. Plenty of shopping & restaurants nearby. We would certainly come again.

Room Tip: High floors give great views. Watch out for noise during carnival week, though.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed in AC with my boyfriend few moths ago. Room was great, very copmfy bed, room quite big with sea view. All staff really nice. Great location, beach and shopping centre at the corner. Would recomend this hotel for sure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed in AC Hotel for seven days, the staff were very pleasant, and helpfull from the moment we set foot in the Hotel Lobby, we were allocated a room on the 18th floor,with a fantastic view of the Port to one side,the city in the middle, and the sea view to the right side.
The beds were very comfy, and we had some very good nights sleep, very nice clean rooms,
and when the cleaners came in they made sure everything was nice and clean and tidy, made beds up etc, lovely white cotton bed sheets, changed regulary.
Breakfast was adequate, plenty to choose from, and fill up on. good idea to provide a clean towell for pool everyday, or when needed, for just 10 euros, which is refunded on departure.
free courtesey bus was a bonus, early morning call,and breakfast for early departures was very handy. really enjoyed our stay, would go back again, only thing we missed was tea and coffee making facilities in the room. All in all a very good central Hotel for everything in Las Palmas.
Dont let the outside put you off booking, when you look at it on the pictures, as everything is very nice inside.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter,and nice views, but if you do not like heights perhaps a lower room would s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ottumwa, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed here over christmas. As it happens a lot in Spain, the hotel was very understaffed. Long lines and wait to check in. My check in time took me over 45 minutes which is not good. Rooms and toiletries were very good.
The pool was the big dissapointment. There were no towels and when I called the front desk to bring some up they said that guests have to come down to the lobby to get them (I was in my speedos) and that I had to deposit 10 euros per towel. I told them to charge them to my room but to my surprise they said "only cash". I would have loved to order a drink by the pool but I never saw a single staff. There were very few chairs by the pool and the worse part: the pool is not heated and it is ICE cold! It was sad to see the people at the Hotel Isabel nearby swim at their rooftop pool and nobody swimming in ours. Of course the children were dissapointed. Towels are not replentished at the gym and the saunas were not working.
The location and the breakfast are amazing! Huge potential for this hotel but not there yet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed in AC few moths ago with my boyfriend. The hotel itself is just perfect. Rooms are quite big and very clean, and the most important is that the beds are really comfy. Great location, port, beach and a shoppping centre just at the corner. Oh and of course the smming pool on the roof, exellent. Recepcionist was very nice for us and very helpfull. I would recomend this hotel for sure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Worcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is obviously a hotel meant for business people, which is why it probably didn't work for us on holiday. Some things were very good, and some things were surprisingly poor.

Some of the staff were excellent, including one concierge, one waitress, one waiter and the lovely Housekeeper. Some staff were very poor, including most of the concierges. It was very noisy from traffic and young business people letting off steam. The food at breakfast was good but the coffee and tea facilities dire. Dinner was very good. The downstairs bar was so unobtrusive that you could see people searching for it until they gave up and asked. The extractor fan in the bathroom didn't work. The staff were puzzled when asked for information about local buses etc; and we didn't find out until the last day that there are some folders with tourist brochures in. The view was great and the rooms clean and comfy (if sparse). Irritating not to have tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms.

Room Tip: If you ask for a north-facing room fairly high up you will be able to see both the harbour and the b...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to AC Hotel Gran Canaria by Marriott? Share your experiences!