“fish in the rain” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: El restaurante La Oliva, en Las Canteras (Gran Canaria), ofrece cocina con ingredientes de primera calidad, frituras en aceite de oliva virgen extra, pescado fresco y reposteria casera, con cocina abierta ininterrumpidamente de 8.30 a 24 horas.Estamos en la zona mas privilegiada y de mas ambiente de la principal playa capitalina, en La Puntilla, y contamos a solo unos pasos con el aparcamiento La Puntilla. El precio medio es de 15 euros por persona pero ademas entre semana y para el almuerzo contamos con un menu completisimo por tan solo 9,50 euros (sin contar festivos). A elegir entre 6 primeros, 6 segundos, bebida y postre o cafe. Todo un lujo!
Geneva, Switzerland
“fish in the rain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

A great place to have outdoor seafood. I chose a fish from the catch of the day that they brought to the table. The fish was delicious and nicely grilled on the charcoal grill. My wife enjoyed a huge portion of Jumbo shrimps - super fresh, delicious. For starters we had calamary rings which lived also up to our expectations.
The service personal is very friendly and serves with a smile. Unfortunately halfway in our meal it started to rain and we had to shift our table around 3 times to not totally get soaked. Here the restaurant should have better back up options - but then it usually never rains in GC :)

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Barcelona
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Whenever I travel to Las Palmas I head for La Oliva. The corner it is situated is just amazing: the view over Las Canteras beach, the people walking, by, musicians playing the guitar, and, of course, the good food they serve, at a reasonable price. I wish we had a place like this in my hometown Barcelona!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Went here the first night of a work trip for dinner and they had great options. They have a nice outside patio where you can view the beach/bay. Walking distance from many Las Palmas hotels. It's also farther down the beach so not too crowded.

Visited August 2013
“Simple and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Unlike other reviewers service was fine, tasty garlic prawns (they forgot to bring the bread as requested but didn't charge us), chicken dish was plentiful and nicely cooked and reasonably priced wine.

Visited June 2013
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
“awful service, rude waitresses and poorly cooked food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I visited Las Olivas after reading they offered a nice full english breakfast but I was displeased to find that their menu description of their full English breakfast was fiction compared to what I was presented with a good fifteen minutes after ordering. No sausages, no beans, just egg, bacon a slice of tomato and a tiny slice of toast with strawberry jam!! After politely asking them where the missing items were they rudely took my plate from me, offered no apology and dumped a spoonfull of beans on top my egg and said they had no sausages. service was awful, the waitresses were extremely rude and they cursed me after not tipping them (first time in years I get service so bad I don't tip). We moved on next door (extremely hungry still) to cafe Magu, and they serve a lovely full English breakfast there. Friendly service and delicious fresh juices.

• Visited April 2013