Calan Bosch in Menorca is a beautiful place to visit, it is relaxed, safe for families and has a super beach with lovely golden sand and shallow, clear waters. In August 2012 we stayed at the Aldea Cala n Bosch for two weeks on a half board basis, our famiy consists of two adults and two children aged 10 & 14. Our apartment was very clean, had a larger than average balcony (views over the quiet road and onto Son Xoriguer) and had air con (which you will need when the temperature rises). The pool areas were well maintained, a life guard is available for part of the day, plenty of sun beds, but the hotel did seem to lack sun umbrellas. The communal areas were clean and inviting, staff on reception extremly helpful and free Wi Fi in the reception area was a bonus (especially for the teenagers who seemed to make full use of this facility). The restaurant served an outstanding selection of food at all mealtimes and we happily tried lots of dishes. There is always plenty of salad, cold meats and fresh fish too. And although the restaurant got busy, we enjoyed the food and being amongst the hustle and bustle. Staff are attentive and always on hand to help, going out of their way to make sure guests are happy. The hotel mainly appears to accommodate German, Dutch and Spanish families, we were one of only a handful of English families and as our german is minimal, we did feel a bit isolated, having said that, many overseas families do speak some english. The hotel offers a childrens club, suitable for children 8 and under, although everyone is made to feel welcome. The entertainer did try to round up children during the day to join in her activities, but most families just wanted to relax by the pool or go to the beach. Overall, we had a splendid holiday, the hotel was good value for money, it is right on the beach and we'd definetly return to the same hotel. Should you wish to do S/C there are lots of restaurants and bars around the marina, which offer a wide selection of food. If you get a chance to vist Menorca, do consider this resort/hotel if you want a quiet, safe, relaxing holiday enjoying the beach/pool and just letting the world pass you by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in front of the beautiful beach of Cala' Bosch with direct access to it. Apartments: Living room. Kitchen. Double bedroom. Bathroom. Heating/ air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Terrace. Sport & Leisure: Two swimming pools, separate children's pool. Swimming lessons. Children's playground. Evening shows. Tennis court in 20 m Gastronomy: breakfast and dinner buffet, Show Cooking. Snack & Lounge bar. Services: Babysitting service. Buggies, intercoms and high chairs rental. Car and bike rental. Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grupotel Aldea Cala'n Bosch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Aldea Cala`n Bosch Hotel Ciudadella
- Grupotel Aldea Cala'n Bosch Spain/Minorca