La Quinta is a lovely hotel, best suited to couples who like to relax in nice surroundings and families with very young children.
The rooms are nicely furnished, spotlessly clean, with bed linen changed every day and towels changed twice a day, if required.
The bar, restaurant, reception area are all furnished to a high standard and the hotel is kept beautifully clean. The pool area is peaceful, the pool is large, and there are plenty of loungers available.
All the staff are very friendly, helpful and efficient, particularly in the restaurant. We liked Patricio, the m’aitre'd very much. While he may be a little reserved, he is extremely polite and thoroughly professional at all times. He also has a ready smile if you engage him in conversation. We stayed on half board for two weeks and found the food to be of a high quality, and the evening meals were freshly prepared and nicely presented on hot plates, under a covered dome. The buffet at breakfast and dinner was also of a high quality with plenty of choice and we did not have any problems with flies. I think that the hotel could do with increasing the amount of evening entertainment from two or three evenings a week as it would help to liven up the atmosphere in the bar.
The only negative point for us is that the hotel allows smoking in the restaurant terrace which spoilt it for us.
One other point is that although the hotel is a five star, you do have to lug your cases into reception which may come as a surprise to some people. However, this was not a major problem for us and the bottle of cava on ice on arrival in our room was a nice touch.
This was our third visit to La Quinta and we would definitely return.
Cala’n Bosch has a couple of beaches, a small marina lined with pizzeria type restaurants and quite a few hotels in the resort. I Would recommend hiring a car to reach the more cultural areas such as beautiful Ciutadella, or the many lovely beaches that the island has to offer.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Resort Hotel And Spa
- La Quinta Hotel Ciudadella
- La Quinta Hotel
- La Quinta Ciudadela
- Ciudadela La Quinta
- La Quinta Resort Hotel & Spa Spain/Minorca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only hotel. This option is perfect for couples, friends, singles or families with children over the age of 16 to enjoy their holidays. In Minorca, only 9km from the old capital of the island, the monumental Ciutadella, our hotel is located between the beaches of Son Xoriguer (600m) and Cala’n Bosch (300m).The colonial architecture and a well-cared decoration based on traditional materials like wood, terracotta, forged iron, aged marble etc. makes of this place the most exclusive 5-star hotel in the isle of Minorca.Five star hotel of the Island, thought for those who look for peaceful vacations and easy access to the superb beaches of the south. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your La Quinta Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.