“Albeit the initial disappointment, I had a good time” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 16 Activities in Ciutadella
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome onboard Amigo's Glass Bottom Boat!! We offer boat trips around the most beautiful virgin beaches on the South Coast of Menorca with departures from Cala'n Bosch and Cala Galdana. Visit beaches from Cala'n Bosch to Binigaus with swimming stop included. For your entertainment we have waterslides, Reflex System Glass Bottom, Bar, WC, Sundeck, Comentaries & Lively Crew!!
Lisbon, Portugal
13 attraction reviews
“Albeit the initial disappointment, I had a good time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

As soon as I got to the place where the boat was anchored, I knew right away I was not in for what I expected. I am not a mass tourism traveller, so looking at a boat that would take at least 100 people, did not make my day. However, I was with three other people who did not mind this, so the trip did take place. It was jam-packed and the “glass-bottom” is a máx 3m x 1.5m glass with a mirror on top (to reflect what can be seen through the glass) and a railing where 10+ kids tightly hold-on to throughout the whole trip without even a trace of letting go. So, no bottom of the sea or beautiful fish for me. Anyways, I ended up getting a nice place near the ledge and thoroughly enjoyed my trip. Menorca’s coast is beautiful and the trip gives you a glimpse of that, paving your way to exploring some of the places you most enjoyed. Note that smaller boats, thus less people, have a much higher price, therefore, it is up to each and everyone of us to balance the pros and cons and choose what best suits us… Having said that, albeit the initial disappointment, I had a good time.

Visited August 2012
Amigos-BoatMenorca, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Amigo's Glassbottom Boat, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Hello dear traveller,
We are sorry that you felt disappointed with us. As yourself have mentioned, yes, we have a carrying capacity of 126 passengers on board, which during the months of August, July and September can be fully occupied, but everyone has its allocated seat., so once on board even though is full, you have the liberty to move about freely around the boat.
Although we can understand your point of view if we compare the situation with that of a much less busy trip. The top months for a tranquil visit are the months of May, June and October.
On all of the trips however the crew will always be at your disposal for you to enjoy the upmost experience of Menorca with us.
We would like to thank you for coming with us and taking your time to express your views, our aim is to improve our service with opinions like yours.
Gracias amigos!

“Great value family half day out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

I took my family and kids on this boat trip (27th Aug 2012) and it's great value. Staff are great and you know exactly what you are getting. We tried spotting naturists. We think we may have seen one but binoculars are not that good. Snorkeling was good and the children had endless fun jumping into the sea and going down the slide. Thanks Amigos. John

Amigos-BoatMenorca, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Amigo's Glassbottom Boat, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear John,
Thank you for taking your time to give an opinion on our boat excursions.
We are happy that you've enjoyed your day with us and would be pleased to see you back again sailing with us.
On your next trip, we will make sure you get a good set of binoculars ;-)
Thank you amigos!
Kind regards
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“nudist beach”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

just back from Cala n bosch and had booked a three and a half hour trip on this boat for two adults and two children aged 7 and 12. The trip advertises a stop for one hour on a beach with pictures provided.......WARNING......this beach has about 20% of the men and woman completley naked , walking around or sunbathing. Im no prude but do you really want your kids to see this ? I find this disturbing and dont tell me its natural to do this .....if thats the case then why dont folk go starkers around the pool or walk along any main beach resort naked. By the way...this beachn is not a nudest beach which is fine if thats what everyone wants to do........Dont book this trip...

Visited August 2012
Amigos-BoatMenorca, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Amigo's Glassbottom Boat, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
To Michelle McShane,
We would like to firstly, thank you for expressing your opinion with us. It's an efficient way of getting closer to our customers.
All I can say on behalf of the Amigo's Glassbottom Boat is that, nudism on menorquin beaches and Spain as a whole is an issue which we can't control, for some is totally normal and for others is a little uncomfortable, moslty for tourists which are not used to seeing natural virgin beaches.
Our aim is to show to the people the virgin, unspoilt coastline of Menorca which is why Menorca is a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve and take you to see one of these "untouched" beaches.
For the same reasons that these beaches are virgin, the may be nudists on them too, however, they are compliant with the law, and we cannot interfere with what goes on beyond our limits.
We would however, want to apologize for any inconveniences you may have found while at the beach. We take note of your of your point of view.
Thank your coming us and expressing your view!
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great way to see Menorca”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We went on this boat trip while we stayed in Cala'n Bosch. It was a great way to see the Menorcan coast with beautiful beaches and cliffs and sea gulls flying around and taking food from our hands :). We also stopped in one of the beaches for an hour and later in one of the caves for a swim. I contacted the boat owners by email before holiday and they were very quick in responding.

Visited July 2012
Amigos-BoatMenorca, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Amigo's Glassbottom Boat, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
We are pleased that you have enjoyed the boat trip with us along the south coast of Menorca.
We thank you for your opinion and will be happy to see you soon in Menorca, and onboard with us!
Adios amigos!
“Perfect for the most amazing wedding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

My fiance and I decided to get married in Cala Galdana this June (2012) but didn't want a traditional church location! After booking the reverend and given free choice of the location we decided to throw some ideas out to people and chose to have the ceremony on board the boat!

Alan and the crew were extremely helpful, throughtout the planning and lead up and of course on the day! We decorated the boat using ivy, flowers and ribbon and it was the most fantastic wedding ceremony! We had the boat on private hire for our party of 30 for 2 and a half hours, travelling first to a small cave near Binigaus for the actual ceremony and then travelling round the coast of Menorca to see the views! Amazing photos, especially when the Gin Lemon came out ;)

We cannot thank the guys enough for such a perfect day and will most certainly be back to see them!!!

Amigos-BoatMenorca, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Amigo's Glassbottom Boat, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
We thank you very much for making it happen!!