We stayed here for two nights in early august. The hotel was basic and clean, but a little dated in places. However some little touches had been made to some of the older parts of the room to freshen them in quite a quirky and interesting way (we had a very old, but functional, fridge that could have looked awful but instead had been painted green and just look kind of cool/funky). My wife and I had just stayed in a boutique hotel on the other side of the island and clearly this hotel was not in same class, but it was clean, simple, and fun.
What really makes this hotel is the location. Set on a outcropping above a narrow and boat-less bay the hotel has beautiful views of the sea and the sunset. Breakfast is served on the terrace and you can walk down a short flight of steps to some flat rocks where many hotel guests, and a few guests, sunbathe. From here you can either use the ladder to climb into the water or simply dive straight in. While we were there a number of local children were diving off a nearby outcropping some 20ft above the water. The water is deep and clear here and people are regularly swimming here all through the day. It is roped off from boats which makes it that much nicer.
As well as its proximity to the beautiful waters of the Mediterranean the hotel is also only a short, 5 - 10 minute, walk from the Old Town of Ciudaella. This makes it easy to get in and out of the town and all of the great restaurants, bars, museums etc.
We really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Is a complex of two hotels: Cala Bona / Mar Blava where guests can be accommodated in any of the two establishments. The hotel comprises two buildings, with shared facilities. These include a beautiful garden terrace and bar. The hotel has two floors, being located in the best area of Menorca. Located on the beach, in a quiet promenade. Located 50 meters from the beach (Platja Gran), in the historic town of Ciutadella Menorca. Features an outdoor pool and wireless internet access. Ten minutes walk to the center and the charming Old Town, where there are numerous entertainment venues. very close, only 300 meters, there is public transport. Credit card, satellite, home, garden or terrace, central location, pool, hair dryer in room service, bar/cafeteria, TV room, WIFI. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Cala Bona & Mar Blava Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Cala Bona Mar Blava
- Cala Bona & Mar Blava Hotels Spain/Minorca