We stayed here for a week in June 2013. The hotel is new and modern. A lovely reception and lounge area, with a bar and restaurant. We had a room overlooking the sea. The balconies were a bit narrow and only had two chairs and no table, but with such a short walk to the beach we spent most of our time there anyway.
Our room was not big, but it was more than ok. Huge beds. The room was very clean and modern. The bathroom was clean and nice, but the construction of the shower area left a lot of water on our bathroom floor. We were given an extra towel, obviously to help with the excess water, but most of the time our bathroom floor ended up rather wet and slippery. We did our best to keep the water in the shower, but were always left with a big pool of it on the floor.
Other than the wet bathroom floor, we really enjoyed our stay. This is a perfect little hotel, situated a little outside Palma centre. A very short drive from the airport (you hear a lot of planes coming and going, but this didn't bother us at all), and 100 meters from the beach, The neighbourhood is cozy and the beach was visited by more local people than tourists, which we found very nice.
There's is a bus stop a short walk from the hotel. It takes about 15 minutes to reach Palma centrum. There is also a farmacist, a supermarkat, a spa and lot's of nice restaurants really close to the hotel. We went in to Palma a couple of times, but we couldn't wait to get back to our quiet hotel and beach.
We loved our week here and we will definitely be staying here again if we ever return to Palma.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- UR Portofino**** The UR Portofino Hotel is situated in the area of Ciudad Jardin, one of the closest beaches to the city of Palma de Mallorca. Its strategic location near the airport and few minutes away from the city, make it a perfect combination of functionality and comfort. The Bay of Palma is famous for the practice of aquatic sports such as windsurfing, stand up paddle, kayaking, sailing, etc.. Around the hotel, you can rent the necessary equipment for the practice of them. A total of 70 rooms make up this beautiful and comfortable hotel, which has been decorated in a pure contemporary style. An exterior swimming pool as well as free wireless Internet access in all areas of the building and a free safety deposit box in the room are also some of the services available. The Restaurant UR Portofino is located inside the hotel. Which offers a wide choice of seasonal Mediterranean cuisine, open to the public, with a separate entrance from the main street. It has its own bar with an outside terrace overlooking the swimming pool and offers guests the chance to enjoy a drink on the terrace at the sunset. The hotel UR Portofino is only a few metres away from the nearest beach and the sea promenade which starts at the yacht club in the city and stretches all the way to Playa the Palma, passing by the Cathedral, and the areas of el Portixol, Molinar, Ciudad Jardin, Can Pastilla and el Arenal. One can take a relaxing long walk, skate or cycle along the promenade or simply sit down by the sea and enjoy the breathtaking views. Also from the hotel reception can be arranged any special request of the guest, boat trips, rent a car, excursions around the island, winery tours, visit to the Caves of Drach, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Hotel UR Portofino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ur Portofino Urban Sea
- Hotel UR Portofino Palma De Mallorca, Majorca