“No WiFi and not as funky as it seems.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Puro Hotel

Save Saved
You added Puro Hotel to your Saves list
Puro Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Montenegro, 12, 07012 Palma de Mallorca, Majorca, Spain (La Llotja-Born)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #11 of 65 hotels in Palma de Mallorca
Calstock, United Kingdom
“No WiFi and not as funky as it seems.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Expensive stay for a week in August so had high hopes for an out of this world experience. Unfortunately it wasn't. It's funky and cool and all that, but scratch the surface and problems appear. No wifi connection in the room which was very inconvenient, no possibility of enjoying their beach club as we had not pre-booked! and rather too noisy at night with a party vibe into the early morning. Nice staff and good breakfast but not one we'd repeat in a hurry.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is so cute! Small building but a lot of rooms when you are inside. Very hip and trendy they can also offer a portable wifi router for 10 € per day! But you have to ask a day before they're usually out of stock. The place is definitely for young people. Music during the night and no one seems to care there is a lounge are on the roof top very tiny but nice to watch the sunset or for drinks at night.

Room Tip: The duplex room!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Alya,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your lovely feedback regarding to your recent stay at Puro Hotel. We are glad that you had a joyful time with us and liked the ambiance, the unique rooms as well as the rooftop terrace - the view from the tower is indeed amazing! Great to read that you were satisfied with our 4G wireless routers with which you can be always online wherever you are on the island. We truly hope we will have the chance to welcome you again in the near future at Puro.
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

All staff at the hotel and beach club worked so hard to make our stay fantastic and very memorable

We booked back at the beginning of the year not realizing it was going to be Puros 10th Anniversary and a party weekend! We had a fantastic time. The room we had was in the "Private Wing" and very very tranquil, its just above the spa.

A perfect city break.

Room Tip: Ask for one in the "Private Wing"
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
PuroHotel, Director General at Puro Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Mr. Wood,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your lovely feedback, we are really glad to read that you had a memorable stay at Puro. We are particularly grateful for pointing out our central and tranquil location. I am pleased about your positive comments regarding to my professional colleagues, I will forward your kind words to them. We look forward to seeing you again soon and wish you all the best until then.

Kindest regards,

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had high expectations on Puro Hotel and fortunately they were met! Despite being a tiny hotel (with tiny rooms) you have everything you need. Ideally located in the heart of the Palma old town, it has a bar that serves up fierce mojitos, good wi-fi, a serene roof top terrace, a great breaktfast buffet, very friendly staff and high service level. The bed was comfortable and felt like a Tempur, the only bad thing was that it was a bit noisy and you could hear your neighbours. Make sure to use the free shuttle (leaving every hour) to go to the adjoint Puro Beach Club (10-15 min ride). Hotel guests have 50% off on sunbeds, but it's still very pricey yet lovely there.

Room Tip: If you want some peace and quiet, choose a room facing the garden and not the busy street or right a...
Dear Jesmyn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences at Puro with us and other TripAdvisor readers. I get goosebumps reading your positive review and we are truly glad that we could met your expectations. Indeed, there is nothing better during these warm summer nights in Palma than having a freshly made, perfect mojito at Opio Restaurant! Thank you for mentioning the relaxing Puro Beach nearby the sea, where our guests receive a 50% discount for the sunbeds in Oasis area. We hope we can welcome you again in the near future at Puro Hotel.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Located in the wonderful old town of Palma, this really is a sensational venue. Not cheap but worth every penny. Sensational service and a wonderful restaurant experience. Well worth a look if you like the contemporary boutique hotel styling.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding to your recent Puro experience. We are glad to read that you liked the unique hotel design, nice service and Opio Restaurant. Have you tried our relaxing Spa treatments? We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again in Puro Hotel.

All the best
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at Puro with a good friend during a week in july. The room was spacious and clean, room cleaning happened whenever we went out of the room, which guaranteed an always fully stocked mini-bar and water. The hotels very own restaurant was fantastic and of high quality. The staff was very friendly and very helpful at all time! We will definitely go back and enjoy a wonderful stay at Puro, Mallorca.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for taking the time to provide us with your lovely feedback. Special thanks for pointing out our spacious rooms and our fantastic Opio Restaurant. I will forward your kind words to my colleagues who are always more than happy to help you. Have you also tried our relaxing spa services?
Please do not hesitate to contact us before your next visit, it would be a pleasure to welcome you again at Puro Hotel.
All the best,
Nottingham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at Puro Hotel for a week in July and were really looking forward to it. Given how much it cost (stayed in 'Junior Suite' nearly 2k GBP between us), I was expecting a good time, yet I was disappointed. Having worked in Hospitality previously for the Jumeirah Group I understand a thing or two about service. Service isn't about big gestures, it's just about getting the small things right, Puro really needs to think about some of the small things if it's going to charge the rates it does. Here are the small things that pulled the service at Puro right down.
First example - The Room
Maybe because we booked through Travel Republic at a cheaper rate we got a different type of Junior Suite; the one we stayed in definitely wasn't the Junior Suite off the photo on the Puro Hotel website. The bathroom was on a mezzanine and the bedroom downstairs, it was a corner room and without a tape measure I can't be sure but it didn't feel like it was the same proportions as described, the mezzanine also created an incredibly sharp corner just about eye level waiting for you to smash your head on as you got out of bed in the dark. The curtain was hanging off the wall and the TV turned on, and then wouldn't turn over or off. Annoyingly, it just played the 'Puro Intro' music over and over. Once reported to Reception, within the hour the curtain and TV were fixed by a very smiley, lovely maintenance guy. But, should we have seen these issues in the first place?
The TV equipment - The Puro CD's are good however they are very similar to each other and so we were pleased that we'd had the foresight to take our iPad with our music on. We knew from the hotel website that we could plug our iPad into the TV thus playing our own music. Sadly, the TV equipment hasn't been updated with iPhone / iPad 5 adapters. The day before we left we overheard another guest discussing this very point with someone who worked in the hotel; they told the guest that adapters were available at the reception. The guest pointed out that there was no notice in the room to advise of this, which was true however we were just happy we could play something else except the same music we'd listened to all week. We went to reception, they didn't have one; they only had iPhone 4 adapters?!?!
Finally in room WiFi - in the room we stayed in, if we sat on the top step and angled our phones towards the door, we would be able to connect. Once off the top step and into the actual room, we could not connect to the WiFi. Maybe this was because our room was right at the corner of the hotel, but the promise of in-room WiFi needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.
Puro Beach Booking - I think this actually was the one thing that tipped me over the edge to write a review (this is the first review I've ever written). I'd heard that Puro Beach gets busy and it's best to book in advance, therefore I'd had booked the day after we'd arrived to go. We went, it was good, had a lovely day. The taxi service there and back is brilliant and the driver is really lovely. A couple of days later we thought we'd go again, so we got on the moped and drove down there. When we arrived we explained that we were from the hotel and wanted to join them for the day. They said that the only bed they had left we had to spend at least 500 Euros if we wanted it and were incredibly inflexible. We rang the hotel surely thinking it was a mistake that they couldn't accommodate their own hotel guests but alas no, it wasn't a mistake. We asked to book for the next day, it was fully booked. The lady at the beach club suggested at this time of year we should book at least one week in advance?!?! We got on our moped and drove to Nikki Beach, who were very accommodating, where we spent 240 Euros between us anyway. Puro could have had that 240 Euros if they had just thought about how they were going to treat their own hotel guests that day. I know that wouldn't have happened at Jumeirah or any of the other hotels I've stayed at. Was this my fault for not booking ahead? Probably! Do I want to sit at home the week before I go on holiday and plan each and every day? No! Could they have done ‘something’ for us? Yes, if they had wanted to, they could have!
Concierge Service- Puro is a boutique hotel and so reception should act as concierge. I'm not sure that they’re actually aware that they should be acting as concierge. Some examples… We asked where we could hire a moped, after some debate it was agreed that we 'might' be able to hire one from the push bike shop on the front. We asked where we could park a moped, we were told we couldn't park it anyway round the hotel, with no other suggestion (incidentally we parked it outside the main reception door all week with no issue or request to move it). We asked for a map of the island, after some rummaging around in a drawer I was given a map of where all the hospitals are on the island, and unless that was a hint because I was driving a moped I would assume that it was just because they're not set up appropriately to offer these services. Am I expecting too much...I don't think I am, I expect the hotel I’m staying at to help me out when I need helping.
Finally, I think the final thing to mention... and it might seem silly but I come back to my earlier point about service being about the small things. The rooftop sun beds… We went up there one afternoon, there were no towels in the rack to lie on, so I picked the phone up that said they'd be with me straight away - it rang out 6 times over the course of 20 minutes, no answer, so I went down to reception and got my own towel. I only mention this because this is small thing to put right and Puro could deal with this really easily… put towels up there for their hotel guests and answer the phone when it rings (or even remove the towel racks and phone so not setting an expectation that they can’t meet).
So what was good? Well, the breakfast is great, I was really surprised at the range and quality, the scrambled eggs beautiful! The bar staff were awesome... real barmen who remembered your name and your drink from the night before and took the time to stand and have a chat with you. The maintenance man...great guy, very handy. The maids... always really happy and chatty and the room was always cleaned well.
Puro Hotel COULD be awesome. It feels like in a bid to be Uber-Cool it’s just forgotten some of the basics of good service. I won’t be going back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Puro Hotel? Share your experiences!