“'Lovely hotel with amazing views'” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TRYP Palma Bellver Hotel

Save Saved
You added TRYP Palma Bellver Hotel to your Saves list
TRYP Palma Bellver Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo Maritimo 11, 07014 Palma de Mallorca, Majorca, Spain   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #34 of 65 hotels in Palma de Mallorca
Durham, United Kingdom
“'Lovely hotel with amazing views'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Spent 5 nights at the Tryp Bellver to celebrate my daughters 21st Birthday and we upgrated to a sea view room to enjoy the best views. We were allocated a very nice sea view room on the 6th floor with fantastic views of the marina and waterfront. Arrived a little early for check in but this was not a problem with the reception staff who were welcoming and efficient although we did find the process quite lengthy resulting in queues at busy times. Breakfast was very good and we enjoyed eating out on the terrace. There is a lovely pool and sun terrace to relax and enjoy with views of the marina and Cathedral in the distance. The interier of the hotel is very stylish and comfortable and we found the bar prices very reasonable for a glass of wine or two. Palma is a beautiful city with excellent restaurants, shops and places of interest to visit and we would stongly recommed the open top bus tour as a starting point. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Palma and at the Bellver and hope to visit again in the future

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manuel F, Deputy Manager at TRYP Palma Bellver Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for having chosen the TRYP Palma Bellver and for publishing such inspiring and motivating words on Tripadvisor, which will help us with our continuing effort to improve the services quality for our guests.

We are proud to know that you had a good stay with us and I am delighted with your comments about the staff, do not hesitate that I will share them with the entire team. We are also happy to know that you enjoyed our breakfast and Pool Area!!

For all the entire staff of the TRYP Palma Bellver it will be a pleasure to welcome you back! Now you can consider our hotel like your home.

740 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
madrid
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Very nice hotel in a great position. The rooms are good but a little shabby, not well finished. Good attention from the staff. All in all, good value for the quality. Breakfast buffet very good except for the manual coffee machines where a queue formed constantly. We has a room that had an ajoining door the the next room and unfortunately that let in too mcuh noise from our neighbours.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manuel F, Deputy Manager at TRYP Palma Bellver Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen us for your last stay in Palma de Mallorca, as well as for taking the time to post your opinion on Tripadvisor.

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us!! It is a pleasure to know that you had a good experience at the TRYP Palma Bellver Hotel. We take into account your remarks about the adjoining rooms as an excellent feedback for something that has to be improved.

Once again thank you for having chosen us for your stay in Palma de Mallorca. We hope to see you back soon in Palma de Mallorca. Please, remember that we are at your complete disposal.

Warm Regards,

Felixstowe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Just spent one night here - 14th floor with a sea view - very nice room, but not good if you suffer from vertigo. Check in and check out were fine, despite earlier comments. Service around the pool was non-existent. We had a 10 euro voucher to spend in the hotel - but failed to do so, due to the difficulty in getting served during the short time we were there. Pool and sun terrace was a nice place to relax during the early afternoon - but as with all of the hotels on this strip, you have the constant noise of the road. It is easy to walk from here into the old town of Palma and buses to and from the airport stop nearly outside. Overall, it was fine for one night, but I think we will stay in the older part of Palma next visit.

Room Tip: You get good views at the front, but there is a lot of noise from the road all day and night.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manuel F, Deputy Manager at TRYP Palma Bellver Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the TRYP Palma Bellver
We would like to thank you for your comments about your seaview room and pool area. We have already taken into account your feedback about being serviced in this area and will reinforce this message to the staff.

We honestly hope you reconsider to visit us on your next stay in Palma. There is no such terrace or views of the harbour on the city centre! :)

Best regards,

Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We spent four nights at the Bellver checking out June 3. Hotel has a great location along the Waterfront. Room was big and clean with a great bathroom and shower. Checking in took two minutes by their efficient desk staff. Amazing that some people would arrive with a bus load of people and expect instant check in. We didn't use the dining room as coffee and a snack is our usual breakfast. Bus number one boards across the street for a cheap ride to the airport. Palma is fabulous and the Bellver made our stay a great experience. Terrific value at the Bellver.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manuel F, Deputy manager at TRYP Palma Bellver Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of myself and all the staff of the TRYP Palma Bellver, I would like to thank you for having chosen us for your stay in Palma de Mallorca, as well as for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.
it is a real pleasure to hear from you how efficient and fast your check in was, as we are working hard to improve our day to day service to our guests. Feedback like yours strenghten us to maintain our first aim of guest satisfaction.

como
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I think that this hotel has only position like good value, as I have written in a reclaim and refund mail to the hotel and hotel-chain who had answered me apologizing for the whole matter and offering me a possible, future "complimentary Upgrade in the room category reserved for your whole stay" which I usually get for free with other hotel-chains and is obvious if they have better free rooms.
Here I describe only a few main features I'd like to stress.
Entering the hotel, at the check-in, which took no more than 30 minutes, the reception staff told me that no high room for single use was available and that the sixth floor was the highest one with free rooms, so I was given the room nr. 626, even if I asked for a high-floor room.
I asked if no other room was available and I was told to ask two or free days after because the hotel was full booked.
I underline the fact that many people a little before me were assigned rooms at 10th, 12th and14th floor, like my parents, who checked in after me, and some of those people seemed to be alone.
Entering the room I noticed that the room was not like the photos in internet, and the “sea view” I paid for was a view of three boats.
The next day I asked for a more silent and colder room (or, at least, quieter), but I was told I could probably do that the day after because the hotel was full booked, and when I talked about these problems, the receptionist answered me that the heating in the rooms was easy to switch on but it didn’t work all the time equally, then he suggested me to sleep with opened windows and if the problem could not be solved to come back the following day to change room.
I asked once more for a higher room and they told me to come back later, and so on until 2 p.m., when I was given room 902, which was the same of the previous, but 3 floors higher.
The problem is that I had lost almost all the day to higher me about three floors.
The rooms they gave me, beyond the lack of the sea view, were completely different from the internet version, the bath had awful conditions, especially the first one, they had no brush for toilet, the had no parquet but a moquette carpet which was partially broken and partially dirty and stained, the furniture was broken and consumed, the mirror wasn’t properly clean, the wifi access was available only in particular days and at particular times because nearby the peack hours the system didn’t let me access, even during the last days when the hotel seemed almost empty.
Even the personnel was not pretty a four star one:
-At the reception they made me wait for everything.
I had to wait nearly half an hour for the check in, half a day to change room after 3 days, neatly half an hour to check the voucher of 10 euros por day I had for my room and my parents’ and to pay 10 euros for the minibar (which I supposed included) without a receipt of that payment, pretending to make me pay 5 bottles of water I never got (which were even supposed to be free in room for Melia Rewards’ guests, but despite that I confirm not to have used), and ran after my taxy to ask if we had the vouchers because they didn’t find any more.
-The housekeeper once cleaned the room while I was in and cleaned almost only the bath. In addition to this, I only use my soap and shampoo for some need but they throw away my two little tubes of soap and left only the shampoo one (as you can see in PalmaT), thing that I could not explain to myself.
-The Barman was pretty unpolite. I asked him for a pineapple juice and he asked me if it was for my room of to drink there. I answered that I’d like to bring it to my room, but only if I could. He answered me in a complaining mood and told me that I should have called the room service to have it. But after a few minutes he decided to give me the juice, which I however drink at a table of the bar.
I faced the same situation when ordering two Pink Lady cocktails, with him only complaining for long, and only when I started taking photos of the cocktails, while I was drinking them at a table of the bar, he decided to come over, clean my table (when I was about to finish?) and tell me that if I would I could bring my cocktail (the last drop of the last cocktail?) in my room, but to be careful because he didn’t want to have problems with the rules of the hotel.
If you can, choose another hotel in the area!

Room Tip: Ask for highest floors or Superior rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Oundle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Comfortable hotel in a good location. The road was busy, but with it being right on the marina, the views from the balcony made up for it. We slept well, although were woken up each morning with the smell of baking/cooking - strange as we were on the 9th floor! It wasn't a problem, as it wasn't unpleasant, just a bit weird. Overall 4/5 for Spanish hotel, water in the room would have been nice, but there was a nice mini-market practically next door.

We requested a room away from the closest apartments at the side, and got one fairly close to the front on the other side. We emailed the hotel before we left, and they responded very quickly and positively, saying they would do what they could - which they did.

Staff were friendly and helpful. We had a few drinks at the bar and pool, prices were very reasonable. I think they're missing a trick and could offer more snacks around the pool, and the option of having a drink at the inside bar, or the pool (rather than one or the other).

The hotel was fairly quiet and was more business people and couples, which suited us. We had a couple of days around the small pool (because we went earlyish in the season, the sun hadn't had a chance to warm it up). There had been some comments about struggling to get a lounger, but we had no problems whatsoever.

Room Tip: We had room 909, which suited us as it wasn't right on the road, but had great views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

On behalf of myself and all the staff of the TRYP Palma Bellver, I would like to thank you for having chosen us for your last stay in Palma de Mallorca, as well as for your kind comments about the hotel and staff.

We also would like to thank you for you recommendation about the swimming pool area. All ideas are welcomed to offer our guests the best possible service.

We hope to see you soon in Palma de Mallorca and welcome you again in our hotel.

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This Hotel is smart, clean and ideally located directly on the line one airport bus route.Breakfast is a large assortment of hot and cold food which can also be eaten on the sun terrace by the pool with probably the best views you could hope for.A fifteen minute stroll takes you to the town with both top designer shops and the old town with winding streets full of interest and history.A peaceful night is not an option here though with a six lane coastal road under the bedroom windows with traffic noise all night long, but hey is there such a thing as a quiet city centre Hotel?.Overall top marks to the Tryp Bellver and we will return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manuel F, Deputy Manager at TRYP Palma Bellver Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It has been a great pleasure for us to have you here. We are proud to know that we were able to make your stay enjoyable and that our hospitality reached your expectations.
We hope to see you back soon enjoying your summer holidays with us!! Palma de Mallorca is even nicer during the summertime.
Looking forward to welcoming you again to the TRYP Palma Bellver hotel.
Warm Regards,

Deputy Manager

Been to TRYP Palma Bellver Hotel? Share your experiences!