Family of 5 all adults 27th July to 3rd August and had no problems in this lovely hotel. Check in and out was quick and room keys provided for all 5 of us.
We had rooms on 5th and 8th floors at the back of the hotel which were quiet compared to traffic noise at the front. Rooms were immaculate, small,modern and perfectly formed. Bathrooms were a decent size with good water pressure in showers, clean towels daily and toiletries provided. Rooms had a safe, fridge, wardrobe with plenty hanging space and shelves with hangers provided, large TV, WiFi, one chair and one stool, telephone, excellent lighting and plenty of plug sockets. Rooms cleaned daily and beds changed at least twice per week.
Restaurant staff Fernanda, Daniel, Aurora, Desi, Eric, Deyene and all the chefs were especially lovely and helpful (Hope I have not missed out anyone). There was a good selection of food and drinks for people from every country and you could eat as much as you wished. They catered for specialist dietry needs which we required as my husband has Coeliac Disease. The chefs cooked fresh bacon and eggs every morning and meats at night. At busy periods in the morning you might have to queue for a few minutes while food was cooked freshly to your liking.
Yes the pool is small but it is all you need to cool down from the hot sun on the sun deck, there is a hot tub, toilet, shower, tables, chairs wifi, and bar on the 3rd floor where the pool is. On the sun deck sunbeds and parasoles are provided but no sunbed towels. The deck is smallish but gets plenty sun and faces the Marina, it does get busy in the late afternoon.
The hotel has not quite finished its renovations, this did not impact on our holiday in any way.
Location of the hotel is very central to the main town an easy walk. We arrived from the airport on the Number 1 blue EMT airport bus. Cost of this trip has just gone up from E2.50 each to E3.00 each, journey was about 30 minutes and service efficient.
Basically this hotel "Does what it says on the tin" and if you want better than 4 star the go elsewhere. The staff are all very pleasant, helpful and hard working and try very hard to please everyone all of the time. I would go back again without hesitation and recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Of all the hotels in Palma de Mallorca, the Costa Azul Hotel a unique hotel and invites you to immerse yourself in the heart of Palma de Mallorca through a one-of-a-kind place, imbued with colour, poetry and Mediterranean. A place where feelings predominate and where you are the protagonist of each moment.Different from all the hotels in Palma de Majorca through its philosophy, services and personal attention, the Costa Azul Hotel is privileged to be the hotel on Palma Bay with the best views: a picture-window onto the sea through which you can dive directly into the essence of this unique city.Whether you're travelling as a couple, with friends or on business, get ready to feel the Mediterranean's embrace in every nook of our hotel in Palma. Let its innovative design and spacious guest rooms leave you open-mouthed; make yourself at home throughout; and minute by minute, build the holiday of your dreams.In our hotel in Palma de Majorca you'll find the perfect inspiration for making the city yours, and feeling that almost magical surprise which travelling, discovering and experimenting gives you.Come and discover our hotel in Palma: there's a whole sea of sensations that we want to sail over with you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Expedia, Travelocity and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Hotel Costa Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palma Costa Azul Hotel
- Costa Azul Hotel Palma
- Hotel Costa Azul Palma De Mallorca, Majorca
- Costa Azul Palma De Mallorca