We stayed at Palacio Ca Sa Galesa in August 2013 and were attracted by its good reviews, location and standing. We later found its name means home of the welsh lady which made it even more apt since I was taking my mother - who is welsh there for a short break. The location is fantastic and the whole experience is one that gives you the holiday home you always dreamed of but don't have. This is made possible by the feel you have run of the house from the terrace to the kitchen and the fact that it houses only 12 bedrooms. The rooms are of a good standard and about the average size for a city location and old building and the website photos accurate and correct and although some things are slightly smaller in real life they are generally better than the website. Service was very good - some may baulk at paying extra for the day beds on the terrace ( loungers are free ) but the day beds come with wifi, TV, mini massage, snacks and drinks included which if you are a drinker would probably work out in terms of value. Regardless, afternoon tea in the pretty yellow kitchen is free for all guests as are things like bicycle use. Def a good location from which to explore the town and worth a try for the charm of the old building itself. We found all the staff very helpful and friendly demonstrated by the lady who laid us a table for breakfast in an instant when we decided to go upstairs on the terrace at short notice and the maid who brought my mum a chair when they saw her waiting for me at reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palacio Ca Sa Galesa is an iconic 5-stars boutique-hotel in the heart of Palma de Mallorca. It is located in an elegant XVI century palace which perfectly combines island's architecture with French, Italian and English style.This charming hotel has 12 rooms, all of them unique and different. The wonderful interiors of Palacio Ca Sa Galesa are smartly decorated with valuable works of art by great artists such as Miro, Calder or Bennasar. The hotel is equipped with comfortable lounges and meeting rooms, a library, a bar, a restaurant, a breakfast room, a quiet courtyard for relaxing and a spacious terrace for sunbathing. Hotel's excellent location allows guests enjoying some excellent views of Palma's bay and Cathedral.Palacio Ca Sa Galesa offers a wide variety of quality services including Wi-Fi Internet access, 24 hour room service, express check-in/out, air conditioning, heating, parking facilities, free bike rental and a new wellness area with gym, thermal bath circuit, heated indoor pool, sauna, Roman bath, Jacuzzi and health and beauty treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Splendia, Escapio, Hotel.de, HotelTravel.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Hotel Palacio Ca Sa Galesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palacio Ca Sa Galesa Hotel
- Hotel Palacio Ca Sa Galesa Palma De Mallorca, Majorca