“A Paradise in Paradise Please Read this !!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel

You added Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel to your Saves list
Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carrer Raixa, 2 | Urbanización Son Vida, 07013 Palma de Mallorca, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
London
“A Paradise in Paradise Please Read this !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

First of all before I start this review, I wish to thank Arania The lovley German receptionist, and the kind Alexandre also on Reception, You are a credit to SPG and Son Vida, and made my stay along with my wife just perfect.

I have come to Palma for the last 10 years, and really don't know why I have never stayed at this particular hotel, maybe it was the fact that I always wanted to be near the port, or within walking distance to the marina and shops. How wrong was I !!!
it's only an 8 min taxi from palma, and the shops will always be there.

From the start this Hotel impresses, from the winding drive up through the hills of the exclusive neighbourhood of "Son Vida" then the marvelous pristine Golf courses, and then it hits you,
THE VIEW.
Once through the gates and past the beautiful Castle entrance, the striking features of this building are breathtaking. you feel like you have arrived at a Royal palace, but with less pomp and more of a luxurious Country feel. The Concierge are there to meet you as soon as you make eye contact from within your mode of transport. Once through the door, the inside of this 13th century marvel is breathtaking, never have I been to a place, where I feel more like
Henry the VIII than Plain old me.

The check in staff are great, attentitive, kind and cater for your every need, whilst not in your face. Anything you need, its there for you.

To sum up this place the rooms are spacious and grand, with beautiful furniture from the 1800-1900's era, the staff were friendly and kind, which is rare these days.

The Food was excellent, although its not cheap, its authentic, and majorcan, or International as you like, whilst we stayed the resident Head Chef Caty performed a taster menu from her collection midweek, with unlimited Rioja and White or rose, for just 35 euros per person. Please tell me any 5 star hotel that offers that, and yes it was Amazing, and a great start to our holiday. Breakfast is great, 2 rooms of pure joy, A cold buffet for the International Set, and a hot room for those British and Amercians Amoungst us.
Carlos the Breakfast chef will cook you anything, and I can recommed the square omlettes, which are scrumptious,and if you fancy some vintage cava, it;s just across the room.

To sum up well worth the investment !!

I have worked in travel Industry for over 17 years, with various travel operations and Hotels I have provided in depth reports for both Conde-Neste and the travel channel. I can honestly say that this a really well-run hotel that prides itself in customer satisfaction and keeping the client close to its heart.

If you go to Majorca, and it's Palma you Visit, there is no other Hotel that comes close, Castillio Son Vida blows everything else out the water.

I have over 200 photos of this hotel, for the travellers section, I am happy to provide anyone who requests these via my mailbox.

My Reviews are honest and not biased, as you will see from my Paris experience. I only report the truth to my standards, and they are very high....

Room Tip: 7th floor in the corner or within that floor in the middle overlooking the bay of Palma, its just in...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ODCGM, General Manager at Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Thelastrealtraveller,

thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida.

We were certainly blown away by your review - and particularly proud of our associates, who contribute most to making our guests feel welcome.

Thank you again for the great feedback - I very much hope that we will be able to welcome you back very soon.

Oscar del Campo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The hotel has lived up to expectations, the service on arrival was superb and our lunch and a few cavas to wash it down was fantastic. The staff have been pleasant and helpful our rooms are spacious and very comfortable with beautiful views over the golf course and Palma bay. I think this may be the first of many visits!

• Stayed June 2013
ODCGM, General Manager at Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Cherryb7,

thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following you recent stay at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida.

We were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us and we can only hope that this will indeed have been only the first of many visits.

Thank you again for the encouraging words, we look forward to welcoming you back at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida soon.

Palma de Mallorca, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The views are breathtaking from this resort. It's in the hills of Palma, with a fantastic golf course to look at. You can see the ocean from the resort & enjoy lunch or coffee from the gorgeous veranda.

We did have an incident with the hotel which was rather annoying and put a damper on our trip the last day, we requested a late check out when we arrived the hotel made a mistake our last day and turned our key off when we returned from brunch before our late checkout time request. We had to walk to the lobby & asked them to turn our key card back on so we could pack. Front desk was rude & insisted we show our passports (which were in the room safe) we were escorted to our room & had to open the safe to prove we were guests at the hotel. I could understand security measures but this was overboard for a five star hotel that made a mistake. No apologies!
Never have been treated like this before, leading hotel of the world definitely not.
Hotel was rather heavy rustic decor. Probably will not return for any weekend trips. Next time we stay in downtown Palma;

Dear Shlvallejo,

thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following you recent stay at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida.

I was very happy to see the high score you gave our hotel but of course concerned about your experience with our Front Desk Team. Please accept my apologies for the handling of the situation - we do take the safety of our guests extremely serious but I am sure we could have handled the situation better.

I sincerely hope that you will nevertheless choose the Castillo Hotel Son Vida on your next visit to Mallorca. Do feel free to contact me directly so that I may assure you of my personal attention.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Game of two halves this one: The whole setup is impressive, the location, the facilities and the staff are all as good as would be expected of a 5* venue. The huge veranda overlooking the town and coast is particularly impressive and and its a great pool setup for a day of relaxing.

However - the food is average and expensive, which to most people is pretty fundamental. We gave each restaurant a chance on more than one occasion and it was very wide of the mark. Would I stay here again?.. Absolutely, but I would be heading into town each night for dinner in a cab which takes 10-15 mins and would be €8 well spent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear SCJarvis,

thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the service from our associates.

I am sorry to hear that you did not like the food in our restaurants. We generally get very positive feedback, just as from the reviewers before you - please do feel free to reach out to me directly to give me more detail as to what exactly it was that caused your dissatisfaction. We would be more than happy to ensure that we prepare something that is exactly to your liking for your next visit.

Thank you again for your feedback, I hope to be able to welcome you back at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida very soon.

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The setting high above the city of Palma and the Sea provides a magical view. The building itself is truly wonderful --- and the staff was totally responsive to any questions that occurred to me. Very service-oriented personnel.

Light switches are a bit quirky but that is so very minor. Internet connection very fast and easy. Very comfortable bed. Restaurants are top-flight --- especially loved the array of optioins at breakfast.

Somewhat pricey but one gets high quality experiences in return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the sea.
Dear Trup,

thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida.

We were delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will choose the Castillo Hotel Son Vida again on your next visit to Mallorca.

Until then with kind regards,

Ginevra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Not a lot to say when you give a full 5 Stars to your comment. Just few lines:

Property: saying it's outstanding doesn't mean anything. It is just sensational. Beautiful in every details, the building is wonderful both in the modern and old parts. The Terrace is incredibly welcoming and offers a view of Palma and the bay that I do't think is beatable. Rooms are large, perfectly furbished and clean. Restaurants offer many alternatives and great quality.

Service: just perfect and careful. I do my special mention to Mr. Pedro, the most service-oriented guy I met so far. But also the rest of the team is great and does all the best to make you feel treated well.

Family: the Hotel is perfectly set for welcoming families and children (there are a lot) and the people do whatever they can to help you and your little ones.

Overall experience: if you go there once, you come bad for sure.

Price: justified by the quality. Who complains for the price doesn't have great traveling experience.

We will go back for sure

I canot comment on the SPA as I haven't tried.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear D_Agva,

thank you for sharing your positive feedback following your recent stay at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida.

It is always rewarding to read such encouraging feedback, particularly about our associates you work hard and with great enthusiasm to ensure that our guests spend a wonderful time at our hotel.

And we all agree - the view from our terrace is indeed unbeatable, we call it the "Balcony of Mallorca".

Thank you once more for your kind words, we hope to see you back soon at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida.

Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We spent a few days at the Castillo Hotel in early May. As you're driving up to the hotel, you get a sense of what's in store. The hotel is luxury at its finest. Everything about the hotel was amazing... the bar, restaurants, pool, spa and views. We didn't leave the hotel until the last day before we headed out. We were content lying by the pool, enjoying the peace and tranquility.

Dear Travelfrommiami,

thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your holiday with us - Son Vida is certainly the perfect spot to get away from it all and relax.

Please accept my apologies if you experienced a delay with the delivery of your iron board - we tend not to leave these in the room for safety reasons but should of course be able to get one to you quickly if needed.

I very much hope to be able to welcome you back at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida in the not too distant future.

Oscar del Campo

Been to Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!